What do you do as a servant of your feline companion?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guys literally have me wrapped around their furry little paws. I don't know how many times a day I will be doing something and realize the only reason I am doing it is the cats want me to. Like putting two glasses of water on the coffee table 1 for me and 1 for the cats. Or holding the fridge door open longer so Linus can check out the contents etc etc...Yep I am trained.

lady_tiger61

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so, i wasn't planning on posting to this thread - it seemed to me that everyone had the basics covered. then, i noticed Sneakers (who happens to be laying beside my keyboard as i'm typing) lift his head and begin to track something with his eyes.

So, i look away from the computer screen - pausing my reading of these hilarious posts - to see what he was looking at.

Ooooh mighty hunter - Sneakers is not! he was watching an itty bitty teeney tiny black ant crawling toward him.

so, i reach out with my hand and squish the ant and throw it away. now, i'm writing about it.

this counts as "being trained" right?

while i'm on the topic, Sneakers has me trained to wake up at 7:30 every morning to be fed his "breakfast" - bare in mind that he has dry food available to him 24/7.

When i go to the potty, the bathroom door must remain open so that he can see me - if not actually come in with me to be petted - i guess i'm a captive audience.

when he paws on the closet door in the computer room, that means he wants it open and if your don't open it, there will be not so nice consequences.

right after breakfast, the patio door _must_ be opened so he can listen to the chirping birds and fantasize about actually catching one - i refer you to my opening comments on why i even decided to post

and, lastly, if his highness decides to grace me with his lovey-doveyness, i must drop everything i am doing - including posting to TCS - to dote on him. if i have the audacity to ignore his grace, he will nudge my keyboard away from me - or at least try - and will block my view of the screen. with his furryness, i can't see very well.

hope this brightens someone's day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lady_tiger61

so, i wasn't planning on posting to this thread - it seemed to me that everyone had the basics covered. then, i noticed Sneakers (who happens to be laying beside my keyboard as i'm typing) lift his head and begin to track something with his eyes.

hope this brightens someone's day.
This exact type of situation is what made me laugh at my self to the point of needing to share it with TCS! Me, a slave to Maia? I think not, well only as much as she is to me
! I can not deny she puts up with my antics and looks out for my best interests, she comes running when I yell or cry (good or bad), she finds half the bugs I kill in our home, and she with out a doubt keeps the mice away! The best thing about our relationship is that she makes me smile and laugh no matter what I am feeling or what is going on! I guess I am even a slave to her making me happy!

miyu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my cat tells me to do something, and I always do it, so I guess I am trained, she is very vocal and talks, and I know what everything means, she tells me if she wants a treat, she gets very angry if she doesn’t get them for a while. She tells me if she is sick, she tells me when she wants to be cuddled, if I don’t cuddle her she crys so she can get her way. If I cuddle her when she doesn’t want to be cuddled she get very moody, her moody meow is broken, “me –a- a- a- ow” or “a –a- a -ow” she never hisses unless its at another cat. She tells me when I should open doors for her.
When I call her a name that is no “good girl” but a bad name like “brat” she tells me to say sorry. She tells me to say sorry if I scare her with a loud noise like sneezing with her broken meow. And when I do all these things for her she purrs, and give me her happy face as to say “good girl human” and I love to see her happy

But I also have her trained, I guess that is our love it goes both ways, if she is doing something bad I tell her no, and she stops right away, she sits, and shakes a paw, and she always comes when she is called she tells me when its time to play fetch too. Or play with a toy