What do you clean your floors with?

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use damp microfiber cloths and water. But before that, I do something odd. I use tack cloth to dust the corners and sides, then I vacuum, then comes the microfiber. For those who don't know what tack cloths are, they are a very important daily item for woodshops - They're for removing sawdust and other undesirable bits from wood furniture, especially before a woodstain. Think of cheesecloth but sticky and dry. I know it's odd. I also use tack cloth to dust my TV and other electronics and hard furniture. To clean the microfiber cloths, I use an Evercare roller, then wash in soap and water.

pat traufield

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also use vinegar most of the time. I occassionally use bleach and when I do that I keep the cats and dogs away until the floor is dry.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr Clean, Bleach and All-Purpose Windex are my cleaning staples. I could probably make my own floor cleaners with vinegar but Ill NEVER live without my all purpose windex. Its perfect for dusting, glass, bathroom, and counters.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Dish soap and hot water, rinse. It's simple and breaks down oils. For wood floors I use Murpy's Oil soap and rinse, then dry. If you use Murpy's, even without pets, you must rinse the soap residue otherwise the floors will look dull.
We use Murphy's as well.