What do you call the bathroom?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I say the toilet or the loo. The word "restroom" makes me laugh. Who goes in there to rest?
Me when I gotta escape my students!!!!

I mainly say bathroom, but depending on my mood I might call it something else!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Depending on circumstances -- bathroom, washroom, toilet, potty, ladies' (men's) room, loo, little girls' (little boys'), sandbox -- or simply "I gotta pee!" I have trouble with "restroom", too, for the same reason.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PurrPaws

At home or with friends I usually just declare, "I have to pee." In public, I say rest room or ladies room.

A friend occassionally says that he "needs to see a man about a horse."
My friend / fav prof ever said either that she needed to see a man about a horse, a car, or a dog. It was really confusing the first time she told me it. But as euphemisms go, its pretty durn cool.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

The head?
Can't say I've ever heard that before!
Old military term. My husband sometimes called it the head, depending on who he was with. He spent 22 years in the Air Force.

For myself, at home it's usually bathroom. In public or at someone's home it's restroom or ladies room. And, yes, I agree that restroom is a little odd.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

If it's at home or someone elses house I say bathroom. If it's at a store or restaurant I say restroom. Saying bathroom anywhere else besides a house doesn't sound right to me because there usually IS no bath
My thoughts exactly.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a few....informally I say the bathroom, if I'm at work, I say the restroom or ladies room, if I'm talking to my nephew I say do you have to go to the potty?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom will say she has to "go to the can"???? I do not know where that phrase came from? Any ideas?