What do you call each other?

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We normally call each other "hun". In fact, I said Hi José last night and he looked at me like he did something wrong, lol!

He also calls me cute one, I then say, "no you're the cute one". Sometimes it escalates into "Cutest of all the cutes ones", etc. We're sappy when we fight.

Sometimes I call him honey bunches of oats. But he doesnt like that so it's always under my breath.

I also call him goober and he calls me cuddlecake.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're not real big on nicknames. I have a few nicknames that my oldest friends call me which Ian (DH) has adopted: Jules and Julish (my real name is Julianna). Sometimes he calls me monkey, but that's about it...and I dont really have any nicknames for him, to be honest.

grissom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Robert and I have nicknames... His is kinda, well... not PC. I'm not one for stereotype ethnic jokes, per se... but he epitomizes the Polish jokes. And so... once I teased him about living up to the stereotype and the name kinda stuck. He is Polski. I never use his real name anymore. One day I'm gonna say Polski in public and someone is gonna get offended and beat me over the head. In typical Robert fashion, he went on a website and found obscene ethnic welsh nicknames. Namely "sheep******". Which only lasted once when he was feeling particularly brave. Now he calls me hun.

grissom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

I dont have a special someone anymore, but I call my daughter

tinkerbell and kookermunker
Oh dear, and I thought blumberbuttons was bad...

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call my hubby gumshoes. Not in front of anyone else though, it just evolved from Rocket, he's my little gumshoe baby and well Brad kind of became daddy gumshoes. He calls me baby and honey, nothing strange, like I do. I guess I just make up things and they stick. Who knows why.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Gil and i call each other either Honey or Sweetie.

He called me his Munchkin one day and that was the last time as well

Munchkin indeed!!, all because i'm only 5'1"
''

I like Munchkin! You go Gil!!

I call Jerry Lovebug and he calls me Hun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Oh I forgot until I said it this morning, I also call Mark 'Doll Face' coz it cracks me up. It reminds me of something Gangsters in films call their women. He laughs when I say it aswell.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband and I call each other Bunny boo most of the time....He actually never says my name which sounds funny, but he will say Bunny boo, baby, Bunny. The only time I will say his actual name is if I am talking about him to other people. But My parents did the same thing, I never heard them call eachother by their names....

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As weird as this sound we don't really call each other anything. With only two of us in the house we know who we are talking to. It can get confusing cause I'll talk to myself when trying to figure something out and he will think I'm talking to him and ask what I was saying and then I get mad and say Iwasn't talking to you. But if I had to pick something like when we are out or have friends over it's Babe. Thats cause I am in love with Styx and Babe is one of their songs, not the best even the members of the band hate it but it means something to us so it just works. We have been known to call eachouther Geek to, but thats cause no one ever sees us without at least 1 computer. Our friends joke that if the litle blinking light on the modem were to ever go out then that would be it, we'd be doomed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH is Cheeseburger and I am Cookie. I get called Silly Girl a lot though. Then the usual names like Hooooonnniiieeeeee! Baby, swwweeeeethheeaaaaaaaarrrttttt!, etc. Oh, Spagetti (me) and My Teddy (him) are used a lot also. Can you tell we like food? Handsome Man is another for him.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

I'm not much taller than you Susan, and I used to get called Teenyleek!!
Don't you two worry, my friend is 5' stretching it...we used to have a friend who called her LPA, for Little People's Association and 4 foot 11. I also had a friend in junior high who got called Polly Pocket by one guy.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are a couple that are never used in public, and won't be.
Other than that, I call him Sweetie, Babe, Darling, Daddy... He calls me Sweetheart, and occasionally Mummy... We're pretty boring.

ETA: Oh, yea, I also call him Love

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once tried calling Ian "Honeybunchkins"

It did not go over well.

He calls me his Beautiful, sweetheart, honey...normal saccharine innocuous things...I usually use babe, baby, or the new and unusual babe-o.

We have more nicknames for the cats than each other, to be honest! (For example, Gracie is Spacey, Raphael is Stinkbutt, Leo is Babykitty, etc, etc, etc
)