What do these cats/kittens look like?

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ginger white spotted mother, solid blue father. Both carry dilute genes. If both parents are long hair (Mother, thin longhair - Father, thick longhair) would all kittens have longhair? is there a way to know if their coat is thin or thick?

Im having trouble with whether these kittens are calico or tortie?
This one would be a tortie? She has some white markings on her stomach and neck
1645438318887.png

This one a calico? The colours seem more separated and she has more white as well as white socks
0e59316a-ea16-4a63-a22a-c82f04d2e988.jpg

and then this one seems to be a solid fawn colour? or perhaps cream? some barely visible tabby markings, is this because hes a diluted red or are they "real" tabby markings?

1645438500637.png

and this would be a ginger with tabby markings and white spotting?
1645438567882.png

- - - - - - -
And then this cat (not mine) what would it resemble and how would you describe his coat?
Hes a big cat and was probably lost (or even dumped) so I have no idea what his parents look like
1645439202662.png

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Two black torties with white (calico is just another term for tortie and white, only used in CFA), a cream solid (cinnamon/fawn are extremely rare to nearly nonexistent in randombred cats), and red tabby (can’t tell pattern) with white.
Too early to tell what coat type for certain from these photos, but I’d be inclined to think they’re SH. The adult cat you shared is a black (brown) classic tabby LH. All domestic shorthairs/longhairs without significant breed ancestry present, most likely. The adult cat does share some traits with a Siberian cat, but there's not enough resemblance to good type for the breed to state he definitely is one, or even a mix. Gorgeous cat, regardless :)

Last edited:

xbabyg83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh my gosh. They are sooooo adorable. 🤗 How long after momma has her babies; do they start to open their eyes? Ours are just a little over 36 hours old now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Two black torties with white (calico is just another term for tortie and white, only used in CFA), a cream solid (cinnamon/fawn are extremely rare to nearly nonexistent in randombred cats), and red tabby (can’t tell pattern) with white.
Too early to tell what coat type for certain from these photos, but I’d be inclined to think they’re SH. The adult cat you shared is a black (brown) classic tabby LH. All domestic shorthairs/longhairs without significant breed ancestry present, most likely. The adult cat does share some traits with a Siberian cat, but there's not enough resemblance to good type for the breed to state he definitely is one, or even a mix. Gorgeous cat, regardless :)
Thank you! can the kittens be shorthaired if both parents are longhaired though?

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh my gosh. They are sooooo adorable. 🤗 How long after momma has her babies; do they start to open their eyes? Ours are just a little over 36 hours old now.
Around a week more or less, their eyes would be blue and will change with time (unless the cat is blue-eyed ofc). Their eyes will not immediately open, one eye could be fully opened and the other could be half opened and thats fine, never try to open their eyes by force. Their eyes would be a little watery with maybe a small amount of clear eye discharge, if the eye discharge is coloured or in excessive amounts or if there is redness around the eyes make sure to take them to the vet.

1645460580536.png

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! can the kittens be shorthaired if both parents are longhaired though?
Oh, both parents are LH? Must’ve missed that, apologies! All kittens will be LH, in that case 🙂 Coat thickness is polygenic, so only time will tell re:texture.

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, both parents are LH? Must’ve missed that, apologies! All kittens will be LH, in that case 🙂 Coat thickness is polygenic, so only time will tell re:texture.
Its alright! I also thought they were shorthaired (which is why I asked) and was confused. Thank you.

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
so Mishu would be a cream? (Not my cat)

Last edited:

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such cuties😻 to me they look like a tortie, a calico, a cream and a ginger / maybe tux, white, the lh adult is gorgeous, looks like a brown classic tabby and look alikes would be like a mix of siberian and blh maybe. The kitten’s faces look a bit flat so maybe some blh or exotic ancestry.

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Such cuties😻 to me they look like a tortie, a calico, a cream and a ginger / maybe tux, white, the lh adult is gorgeous, looks like a brown classic tabby and look alikes would be like a mix of siberian and blh maybe. The kitten’s faces look a bit flat so maybe some blh or exotic ancestry.
Thank you! Their parents are 'traditional doll faced' persians, which are very common here. What does blh stand for?

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Their parents are 'traditional doll faced' persians, which are very common here. What does blh stand for?
Yw 😊 British Long Hair, they also have a flattened face along with British Shorthair. I guess I missed their parents were Persian 😀 I love the traditional Persians. Siberian faces are similar to doll face/ traditional Persians.

Last edited: