What do I look like?

Scooter_kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,
This is Florence. I have never owned a cat so I’m learning as I go. We found this sweet girl in a dumpster before a big storm hit. We were going to just make sure she was safe from the storm, but now she’s the newest member of our family.

im learning more about cats and was curious what you similarities she shares with other breeds. I understand that she is likely a domestic long hair, but i think it would be fun to hear what people think she looks like. :)

For now, I’m gonna head over to the rescue page of the forum and absorb some cat knowledge. Thank you all!

Attachments

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
This is Florence. I have never owned a cat so I’m learning as I go. We found this sweet girl in a dumpster before a big storm hit. We were going to just make sure she was safe from the storm, but now she’s the newest member of our family.

im learning more about cats and was curious what you similarities she shares with other breeds. I understand that she is likely a domestic long hair, but i think it would be fun to hear what people think she looks like. :)

For now, I’m gonna head over to the rescue page of the forum and absorb some cat knowledge. Thank you all!

She is just plain adorable- love the one pic where she is lying on her back. She looks like a long hair tiger tabby but then I don't see a lot of stripes on her side. I love her soccer socks stripes on her front legs. LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scooter_kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is just plain adorable- love the one pic where she is lying on her back. She looks like a long hair tiger tabby but then I don't see a lot of stripes on her side. I love her soccer socks stripes on her front legs. LOL!
Thank you for responding! Yes after about 1 day with us, she started melting hearts with those eyes. She has very faint stripes on her sides, but definitely soccer stripes on her legs (love that term, haha!) <3

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous kitty! Love her expressions :redheartpump:

I would describe Florence as a cream tabby and white domestic longhair. Cream is the dilute of red (orange / ginger). It's such a pretty color on her! In addition to cream tabby, she looks like she has white on her chest and paws.

Since Florence is fairly light in color between her stripes, she might be cream silver tabby in color. You can tell if she is a silver tabby by parting her coat and looking at the roots of her hair. If the roots are white all over her body, her color is cream silver tabby.

Scooter_kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a gorgeous kitty! Love her expressions :redheartpump:

I would describe Florence as a cream tabby and white domestic longhair. Cream is the dilute of red (orange / ginger). It's such a pretty color on her! In addition to cream tabby, she looks like she has white on her chest and paws.

Since Florence is fairly light in color between her stripes, she might be cream silver tabby in color. You can tell if she is a silver tabby by parting her coat and looking at the roots of her hair. If the roots are white all over her body, her color is cream silver tabby.
Thank you so much for your response!! 😻

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for responding! Yes after about 1 day with us, she started melting hearts with those eyes. She has very faint stripes on her sides, but definitely soccer stripes on her legs (love that term, haha!) <3

She melted mine the moment I saw her. She's a head turner, that's for sure.

Scooter_kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here’s an updated picture of “Florence” from today. However, Florence is now Gus! During a vet visit, the veterinarian informed us that as a result of him maturing, a certain part was beginning to descend...so now he is Gus! He is such a sweet and loving cat. He’s approximately 6 months old now!

Attachments