What do I do if I don't remember his name?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I am dating again and I am somewhat popular on match.com. I find that it is either feast or famine. So, I have a date tonight with Charles. He is taking me to dinner. I will most likely have dates with Duane and Greg this week or weekend.

My problem is my Friday night date. I cannot remember his name. He likes older women. He is 32 and I am slightly older.
We started out IMing each other so I don't remember if he gave me his name. His last name is his screen name. He knows my name because it is in my user name. Now we email and he doesn't sign his name to his emails. Help! Any suggestions? I really don't want to admit that I don't remember his name (if he gave it to me) when he is taking me to a nice place. Actually, same place Charles is taking me tonight.

I am running out of outfits.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
does your computer not store your IM's i know mine can (i disabled the option) if it does you could always re-read them

failing that think of a pet name haha

oh and have fun on your date

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

does your computer not store your IM's i know mine can (i disabled the option) if it does you could always re-read them

failing that think of a pet name haha

oh and have fun on your date
Hey! I like your idea of a pet name. What should I call him? Cougar lover because he likes older women?

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can't you say some thing like wow meeting in person lol nothings changed im sstill ** and see if he says hehehe and i am *** lol thats all i can think of

other wise i am sure it will just plop into conversation , good luck with your dates , stay safe and have fun xx

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When you meet him you can say, Hi I'm "insert name here" glad to finally meet you! Then hope he introduces himself. LOL

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could have a friend there when he arrives to answer the door, say you will be right out, and introduce themselves. Make your entrance a moment later and make sure your friend knows to say something like "insert name and I were having a nice visit while you were finishing up" as they are leaving. Or "It was nice meeting you, insert name, you two have a nice evening." You get the gist.
I did that one time because I just could not remember my date's name. Turns out he couldn't remember mine, either. We ended up having a good laugh over it.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell him you'll show him yours if he shows you his, and then... whip out your driver's license.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He would have had to contact you through Match.com for before he Imed you. Match.com should still have his correspondence there.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with being honest, I'm sure it happens all the time since people chat to more than one person at a time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

so how did your dates go? Did you remember his name?
He is the 32-year old Friday date. He emailed me so now I know his name is Ziyat or Thingy
Only in England.

I don't have a date tonight. I had 4 in 3 days. I am a little tired because I am not 32. Tomorrow is a guy I have been waiting to meet, Greg. He is a nature photographer. You should see his pictures. And his picture. Resting today.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to keep a pad and pen by the computer! I have to chuckle cause I'm really bad at remembering names. You could just be honest and say "geezzz I cannot believe my brain - its blank where your name should be, can you refresh it PLEASEEEEE" and smile and flirt when you say it.

Or you can say "how did you spell your name again? I know people sometimes have a slightly different spelling"

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

You need to keep a pad and pen by the computer! I have to chuckle cause I'm really bad at remembering names. You could just be honest and say "geezzz I cannot believe my brain - its blank where your name should be, can you refresh it PLEASEEEEE" and smile and flirt when you say it.

Or you can say "how did you spell your name again? I know people sometimes have a slightly different spelling"
That could backfire...what if it was Bob??