what do i do for my cat he is limping

gemmea

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat is limping i touch in  between the creeses of his pawl and he shows it hurts him

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take him to the vet.

Are you able to see any wounds or sores? Without more information like when it started, what he may have gotten into, whether he's indoor or outdoor, whether he has had any previous issues with his paws, whether there are other cats or animals that may have fought him, whether your home or area is frequented by a lot of bugs (one of which may have bitten him), etc. etc. it's very hard to say.

The safest thing you can do is have him seen by a vet so they can conduct a thorough examination. If you have any of the above information available, be sure to let the vet know so they can better determine what may have happened and find the best and most comfortable course of action in treating him.

edited to add; I see you bumped another older thread about nasal discharge and seeking at-home treatments, which hints to me that you're also seeing some nasal discharge in your cat. To be honest, especially because it's not just one symptom, I highly advise having him seen by a vet. If you think you can't afford it, look into Care Credit or call vets and see if they will accept payment plans or a down payment at the initial visit.

It can be dangerous to treat a cat with at-home methods if you don't know what the actual problem(s) causing these symptoms is/are, and it could be something serious that requires a professional or a specific medication that has to be vet-prescribed (unavailable over the counter, unsafe human counterpart, dangerous to overdose, ineffective to underdose, allergic reaction, etc.) So much can go wrong, and it's not worth the risk. The vets I've been to charge about $50-$60 to see a pet for the first time. If he's already been to a vet before, all of the offices I've been seen by have charged a lower rate for existing patients.

From the TCS Forum Rules:Quote:
No online advice can replace direct veterinary intervention. If you suspect that your cat may be ill, please contact your vet immediately. You are welcome to look for advice in the health forum while waiting for that appointment, but never delay proper veterinary care waiting for Internet advice. Remember that cats, and especially kittens, are very adept in keeping pain to themselves and delaying treatment may cause irreversible damage.

When You Can't Afford a Veterinarian (article)

Last edited:

siamese mommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely agree with pinkdagger.  Get kitty to a vet as soon as possible.  The sooner he can be diagnosed/treated, the quicker he will get better.