What did your Valentine send you?

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amid a bunch of random yet much-needed gifts, as well as a great home-cooked meal, Bradley gave me a card "from the cat." He signed it "Love, Eponine" and everything. This coming from someone who doesn't fully understand how much I love my cat was a very sweet gesture. Sounds like you all had some great V-days too!

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im excited,, For V-day my present is that we get to get family pics made,,,me him and the cat!!!! Yeah!!! Ive been wanting to do this,and i have a cold sore now so it will have to wait,,but Im excited none the less!!
PS-Katherine,,The NoteBook is my fave too!!!!!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to add that my man came home from work last night with a small balloon (the kind that has a stick on the end) and a heart shaped stress ball and a little fake rose. It was sweet since I barely saw him all day and he had already gotten me something.

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Wow.... those gifts all sounds really wonderful. I feel a bit let down because my other half didn't bother. I'd only flown 1500 miles to spend half the day with him (I'd had to fly home on Valentines day - but I did have the weekend). I named a star for him... I chose to name a star "Skytsengel" (means Guardian Angel) in the constellation Hercules - because he is my guardian angel AND my hero. It was kinda pointless but very soppy. But no flowers, no chocolate... in fact, I was mopping up his and the cat's puke, cooking for the family, cleaning the apartment... while he lay in bed for the weekend. He stopped throwing up long enough to take me back to the airport on the Monday and took me to Burger King. Uber romantic. Man, I feel like such a grouch, but he could at least have thought..... even a little card would have shown *something*.
I almost feel cheated
It just seems men sometimes just don't think how much a smallest gesture can mean to us

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Oh nummy, but impossible for me these days...my blood sugar would have gone through da roof! Enjoy being able to eat this without repercussions!!
That's too bad.
I assure you it was thoroughly enjoyed though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

Wow.... those gifts all sounds really wonderful. I feel a bit let down because my other half didn't bother. I'd only flown 1500 miles to spend half the day with him (I'd had to fly home on Valentines day - but I did have the weekend). I named a star for him... I chose to name a star "Skytsengel" (means Guardian Angel) in the constellation Hercules - because he is my guardian angel AND my hero. It was kinda pointless but very soppy. But no flowers, no chocolate... in fact, I was mopping up his and the cat's puke, cooking for the family, cleaning the apartment... while he lay in bed for the weekend. He stopped throwing up long enough to take me back to the airport on the Monday and took me to Burger King. Uber romantic. Man, I feel like such a grouch, but he could at least have thought..... even a little card would have shown *something*.
I almost feel cheated
Don't you think though that when men are sick, it def. rattles their brains a bit?
I hope once he's recovered, he surprises you

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was depressed because I found out my brother had to put his cat, Oscar to sleep.
I feel bad because I was planning on stopping by the store to get something special for our kitties, but I got the sympathy card for Oscar and forgot.
I'll make it up to them.

My BF did his best to comfort me. When I got home from work my BF was dressed in his tux shirt and vest - looked and smelled awesome. He was in the middle of lighting lots of candles. We drank a little wine. He got me a juniper bonzai plant (that will live outdoors because its poisionous.) It's a lovely little tree. We exchanged cards and although they were different, the covers both said "You are my Everything." We drank some wine. I made dinner, but I overcooked the fish. We listened to music. Did I mention we had a few sips of wine?
I fell asleep while he did the dishes.