What country is this? 10,000 points!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by goonie

is it Lichtenstein?
No, but it is another very small country in Europe. They are a member of the EU (European Union). The answer was Luxembourg. Everybody from Northen France and Souther Germany drives there and stocks up on things, especially tobacco and liqour which are heavily taxed in the rest of Europe. Example: The very best Cohiba Cuban cigar cost $8 but drive one mile south of this store and you will pay $60. Well, since this is a woman's site, I will shut up about cigars but your expensive perfumes and such are here at staggering low prices.

Since nobody won this week even with all the clues, next week will be worth 20,000 points. I guess I need to return to easier ones. First I need to fix my scanner.

Please look up Luxembourg on your world globe or map; it is just a small dot but is a bonafide country. One of the official 194 countries of the world. It is located on the northern French German border.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bedweary

Oops, I missed the deadline. Sorry about that!
Me, too. This is the first time we have not had a winnner in about twenty of these. I thought somebody might recognize the building since it is Europe's biggest duty free store. Only little tiny Luxembourge and Andorra would do such a thing. Yes, I am sorry you were late with your answer but be here next Tuesday and give it a go. Right now I am highly pissed at my new 4 in 1 that is supposed to do everything. It does do fax OK, and it does print OK, and it does copy OK, but when I select scan it says it is not connected. I guess I need to uninstall the software and install it again. Now all I have to do is find the disk...

BTW, when I was in the navy, I took many pictures of countries but used slides. About 20 countries such as Japan that I do not have as a digital picture or film picture. First I need to scan all of the pictures I select for this contest that are on film. And then, if I still have any points left, get those slides converted. I want to have a contest on all 64 countries that I have been to.

If you ever played KatKwiz then you know how to go in and find out who is ahead in this contest; who has won the most points. We have several contenders. I am not promising anything at this point but should I receive unexpected spare points from people will do so.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

No, but it is another very small country in Europe. They are a member of the EU (European Union). The answer was Luxembourg. Everybody from Northen France and Souther Germany drives there and stocks up on things, especially tobacco and liqour which are heavily taxed in the rest of Europe. Example: The very best Cohiba Cuban cigar cost $8 but drive one mile south of this store and you will pay $60. Well, since this is a woman's site, I will shut up about cigars but your expensive perfumes and such are here at staggering low prices.

Since nobody won this week even with all the clues, next week will be worth 20,000 points. I guess I need to return to easier ones. First I need to fix my scanner.

Please look up Luxembourg on your world globe or map; it is just a small dot but is a bonafide country. One of the official 194 countries of the world. It is located on the northern French German border.
Awww come on who cares if bedweary got it a little bit later...

Congratulations bedweary

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Awww come on who cares if bedweary got it a little bit later...

Congratulations bedweary

bedweary

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey, thanks! I just saw this...took Iris in to have her spayed yesterday, and I've been worried about her. I had to leave her 24 hours and she was so scared when I left her that she was trembling. So I haven't been doing much but researching in the health forum.

Anyway, I did "cheat" a little. It took all of the clues and a Googled map of Europe just to make a wild guess. I didn't do any research or reading about it, I just couldn't remember the name of that tiny little country.

So I can't accept the points in good conscience. I missed the deadline and looked at a map! The guilt would eat me up. But thanks for the recognition, it took my mind off spay-day for awhile. BR

(one hour and fifteen minutes 'til I can pick up my poor, scared kitty...sounds silly, but I've missed her... she's my "buddy")

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bedweary

Hey, thanks! I just saw this...took Iris in to have her spayed yesterday, and I've been worried about her. I had to leave her 24 hours and she was so scared when I left her that she was trembling. So I haven't been doing much but researching in the health forum.

Anyway, I did "cheat" a little. It took all of the clues and a Googled map of Europe just to make a wild guess. I didn't do any research or reading about it, I just couldn't remember the name of that tiny little country.

So I can't accept the points in good conscience. I missed the deadline and looked at a map! The guilt would eat me up. But thanks for the recognition, it took my mind off spay-day for awhile. BR

(one hour and fifteen minutes 'til I can pick up my poor, scared kitty...sounds silly, but I've missed her... she's my "buddy")
aww come on, looking at a map is NOT cheating

I hope Iris has an uneventful spay surgery It's normal to miss her, I missed my baby when he was in to be neutered too..it's like the house isn't the same without kitties!!