What could this be?(pics)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is going to the doctor's today at 4ish so I will let you all know what it is. It is spreading and making him itch more and more so he is finally giving in and going. Wish him luck!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Till it's time to go see the doc, he might check out some of these remedies:http://poisonivy.aesir.com/view/care.html
The underlying theme does seem to be to keep air from contacting the skin . Clear nail polish & hair dryer treatments seem to get good results, as does taking Aveeno hot baths in conjunction with oral Benadryl. Please let us know what the diagnosis is - years ago, I had a co-worker who got poison oak on his clothes, and didn't react at the time, but when he wore the clothes again is when he had the worst reaction - it spread all over when he was doing work for the USGS out in the back country, and it took him days to hike back to civilization, to go to the doctor.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have tried all of those for the itch. Nothing worked for long

Well the doctor said that it could be a number of things so he prescribed him some prednisone and Trav is sitting on the couch. It doesn't itch for once he says.

Now how long will this be visible now that he has the prednisone?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my sis got a really bad case of poison ivy last spread she was prescribed a steriod ointment but ran out and started itching again. Her's looked way worse that Travis' did. I think the key is not too itch. I would think you should see improvement in 2-3 days??

mikeanderson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm still unclear about something, because I can't tell from the pics: Is Trav your husband, or your cat???