What could this be? Kittens went downhill FAST!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

I completely think you did the right thing surrendering them...I didn't mean to imply anything to the contrary.
hey it's cool, thanks for the hugs!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

hey it's cool, thanks for the hugs!
Oh, I'm SOO sorry. Beckiboo lost quite a few kittens last year due to that. They just go so fast sometimes. I hope these babies are ok!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
aw, those poor dears, they were really cute little kittens too
I hope you don't have a problem with it beyond this
that guy is probably going to lose all his cats too!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, sweetie, I'm so sorry this has happened. Perhaps they will come through this...

Praying for you and the kittens.

As far as the household cleaning goes, you could wash your backpack in very hot water, and regular detergent in the washing machine, as that will probably be enough to take care of it...but if someone sees this as misinfo, please correct me.

Let us know how those babies are doing.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will at least do that. I know bleach is the ONLY think that can kill Panleuk. I am renting a carpet cleaner this weekend and putting color safe bleach in it and a little Mr. Clean to do my carpets. They really could use a cleaning anyway.

tjwharton24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jen,
Hello this is Jenn

I don't mean to sound stupid but This is Feline Distemper correct? FVP

How long after a Quenn gives birth can this Vac be given?

Hugs for you and prayers to the babbies

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it is Feline Distemper. It is in the standard set of shots which kittens can begin at 8-10 weeks I believe. So I would assume the mother cat can get the vaccinations then too. Signs shows up about a week and a half after the cat has been infected. I took these kittens in, quarentined them for about a week, they seemed fine so I vaccinated them and let them have free run of my house. About 3 days later they began showing the signs of Panleukopenia. So the vaccination either didn't help or it was just too late and it may have actually made it even worse.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd been afraid to check this thread again, but I just read through. At least they're still alive -- and I'm sending high hopes that they'll make it, and that your cats will be fine.

A couple of months ago, this happened at the shelter where I volunteer. I'd been so busy that I hadn't been there for a couple of weeks, and then I showed up and went to the kitten room, my usual first stop... and all the cages were empty. They had taken in some infected kittens from a hoarder, and it had just raced through the room. Thank goodness, the older cats in the next room were not affected.

But there's nothing sadder than a perfectly quiet kitten room with no litter on the floor.