What could my strange looking cat be beyond just domestic shorthair? She has blue eyes, asymmetrical

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
What a beautiful Torbie and White :heart3:

She is so pretty ! I love her half black half red nose ;)
And those dazzling blue eyes - just wow !! :clap:

She does have a slight Siamese look about her, especially with those beautiful blue eyes :D

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What a beautiful Torbie and White

She is so pretty ! I love her half black half red nose

And those dazzling blue eyes - just wow !!

She does have a slight Siamese look about her, especially with those beautiful blue eyes
Gemsgem, so you dont think she is also a point?     The tail doesnt seems to be blackish as seen on the tree pic.  But we dont see the end of the tail either...

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Gemsgem, so you dont think she is also a point?     The tail doesnt seems to be blackish as seen on the tree pic.  But we dont see the end of the tail either...
Yeah, you are right ! :clap: Now you mention it she could be a "Tortie Point Mitted" - mitted from having the white paws ! :D

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is that the same cat in the photo Avatar? That one looks like a CHANTILLY mix to me. If not, where's the kitty we are trying to look at?

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous girl! Finally found the pics away up at the top. Definitely some Siamese in there..... But I've also heard this pattern ( split color on face) described as Harlequin. She has pretty definite point color on her ears too. Also--for what it's worth, a lot of the Meezers seem to be getting bigger. Mine is gigantic at 5 1/2 months! Same with those my sis has.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Is that the same cat in the photo Avatar? That one looks like a CHANTILLY mix to me. If not, where's the kitty we are trying to look at?
Hi ConiKat, Lol !! my cat in the avatar pic - He is actually a full pedigree Maine Coon :lol3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kalimur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! I got her from the SPCA two years ago - the SPCA had called her Sam - I think because they thought she was part Siamese. The darkest colours are very dark brown, not black. Let me see if I can post a picture with her tail - she has one dark brown paw and one beige paw as you can see in the pics above.

We changed her name to Kali because she has a very aggressive personality like the Hindu goddess Kali. She loves to hunt birds and mice also, so we are trying to be careful with that. She is also very dominating at home and had a biting problem when we first got her which has improved with time. She loves playing with toys - especially little stuffed toys. She was found by the SPCA as a stray living outside in a rural area with her kittens.

Here are a couple more pics - one of her favourite hobbies is digging in the garden:

kalimur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, yes - she has the 'mittens' look - all of her feet are white. It is difficult to keep them completely clean because she loves to dig in the dirt so much. 

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Also, yes - she has the 'mittens' look - all of her feet are white. It is difficult to keep them completely clean because she loves to dig in the dirt so much. 
She is so beautiful ! :clap:

I think she could be a Siamese mix ;)
Her color and pattern I think would be classed as "Seal Tortie Point mitted"

Try googling " seal tortie point mitted cat" and have a look at the images that come up. Some of the cats will look a little lighter in color than yours, but this is because the point pattern has a temperature-sensitive expression.

Cats kept cooler as kittens will be darker
Cats kept warmer as kittens will be lighter

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whatever she is, she's also two other things: very beautiful, and very unique! Are any of her feet brown/ grey on the bottom?

kalimur

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks all!!! Gemsgem - I looked up your suggestion of seal tortie point mitted, and you are totally right - the cats that come up look so similar to Kali! And the dark/light thing makes sense too b/c Kali was found as a stray & hadn't been spayed - it is likely she grew up outside in the cold as a kitten.

ConiKat - do you mean her pads? Some of her pads are light pink, and some are dark brown grey, depending on how close they are to her dark brown fur. She has dark brown and light pink pads on the same paw. 

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kali's right front paw reminds me of our snowshoe mix's paws... but the right side of Kali's face doesn't have the white patch you'd expect on a snowshoe. I love all Kali's markings! She's a beautiful cat.