What comes up when you google your name?

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Google used to ask me if I meant Lori "White" because I spell my name different. But now my name is out there enough that it finds actual stuff that is related to me.

Try it, you'll see webpages I designed... heh.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well both my married and my maiden name are place names - so usually a load of stuff about those places

both in the UK one in the Midlands near Birmingham and the other in Sheffield, Yorkshire, so whilst interesting to read about the place, nothing else much !!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The first hit for my name gets an artist whose studio is in Pennsylvania - and I have to say I really like her work!!

Second hit is my website
I thought about trying to topple her as the top sarahp in Google, but figured hers was an actual business, I should let her have the number 1 spot

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I put Rob Richard (without " around it) I actually get my website, Handidrummed.com. Neat
It's the 2nd result, but the first one says "Rob & Richard" so that doesn't count I don't think
If I put Robert for my first name, I get an imdb.com listing for actor Robert Ri'chard...whoever that is.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm...I do it from time to time as my whole "purpose" is not to be searchable (dont ask why
)

Anyhoo, there is still only 2 things that are related to me out there: another forum that I went on trying advertise my first website (I was silly enough to use first and last name) and a page about me from my psycho-ex-best-friend (she made it before she was labeled that)

Otherwise apparently I helped someone run for office in PA and I'm also Canadian.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With my maiden name...looks like I might be the next El Presidente of Mejico???

With my married name, I actually did find ''me'' in there. It was the obituary for my hubby's younger brother who passed away last year from colon cancer.

Hilda >^..^<

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The only thing I noticed right off was a movie review I submitted online. Everything else was not me. Apparently someone with my name is incarcerated for murder!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am supposedly a writer, I have several books, and it appears that I was a big hot shot at a college in Virginia.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Under my married name I only get 1. A 16 year old girls music interests include my name. Under my maiden name I am a huge mega smart Tech Girl in a major company!
can I have her salery please?

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a reasonably common name, both first and last. I actually went to middle school with a girl who had the same name as me, first and last.

I am, among other things, a grad student in medicine, a deputy commissioner in New Zealand, a modestly successful poet, a sitcom bit part actress, a photographer, a systems analyst, and an actress in some off-Broadway thing. There's also a few pages that are about me... but I'll never tell!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, if I use the "C.F.A." (Chartered Financial Analyst) after my name, it pulls up that I'm an analyst covering a company (that is me), and it pulls up some stuff from the StrayPetAdvocacy.org site - which is also me.

It pulls up more stuff - but it's like lists where there is somebody with my last name and somebody else with my first name.

If I use my maiden name, it pulls up lots of Lauries - but none with my last name. It also pulls up people with my last name, but not my first name.

I was really hoping I was leading a few more interesting lives out there somewhere!

Laurie

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I put in my full married name it comes up with my blogger profile, which I actually abandoned about 2 years ago...

If I just do first and last names its a science fiction fantasy art page where tons of girls with the same exact name have commented about how this is the first page that came up when they googled their name.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My poetry website
My profile on the car club website I am a member of..................

oh and bizarrely, I am a top class national gymnast (that ain't me, by the way!!!)