What colour is my cat?

souty2hideycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I reckon she's tortishell but my family say different any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like a calico to me. She also has tabby stripes in the colored patches, which I think some people call torbie (tabby/tortie combined) but with that much white on her, I would call her a calico. She's a very pretty girl, whatever else she may be.

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww.. Steve is adorable!  I will let others weigh in on if he is a Torbie as I am new at this stuff, but i think she looks like a calico.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you have a picture further away from her back/side? I'm not sure if she's tabby. Aside from that all the above mentioned colorings are correct. Black Tortie with White, possibly tabby.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't want to ruin the fun, but Tippi doesnt seem silver to me. She seems to me to be a Black Tortie Tabby Mackerel with White. I think she can also be called a Calico or Torbie with white. Still beautiful tho!!

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Long haired and short haired silvers cant really be compared tho. Tippi's tabby pattern is significantly dark, where silver means a white undercoat. This white undercoat should also be present underneath the stripes, and to me they are too dark to have silver underneath. This can also be because of the photo, so the owner can look by following the stripe/tabby-hairs and see if there's any white underneath. Silver is like a hair with 50 color and 50 white (the white should be completely white, not like an off-white or ligher color) The patchs in between also don't strike as obvious silver, but more like a colder tabby pattern.

This is what I would personally advice tho. I have 2 silver cats, seen many silver kittens (breeder), but these too are long haired. I did see silver shorthairs on many catshows, and this just doesn't strike as a silver. To me, that is.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

souty2hideycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the comments and peaches says thank you for all the compliments and she says she would blush if she wasn't a cat :) I thought I may post some more pictures of her because she seems a bit torbie tippi is beautiful and so is stevie. I'm considering it to be a new cat colouring off a calico patchwork tabby here are some more views of her.