What colour is Lily?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Telynn

Ok, I was thinking she would be a 'patched tabby'. So what does a patched tabby look like?
here is a picture of a patched tabby
many people use the terms 'torbie' & 'patched tabby' interchangeably. this particular website does so. others feel that a patched tabby has solid orangey patches, whereas a torbie has stripes throughout. i haven't been able to verify that on the web yet. messy beast has some interesting pix, too...
cat colors/patterns table
tricolor patterns
tabby patterns

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

What colour would you call Lily? She's kind of a silver tabby, but she has orange through her coat as well... Someone asked me today, and I couldn't really answer! Is there a "name" for her?? Does anyone have a kitty coloured like Lily?

[/IMG]
I don't know the color,, but I LOVE LOVE
this pic!! Too cute..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

I don't know the color,, but I LOVE LOVE
this pic!! Too cute..
I wish she wasn't such a fraidy cat. I'd love to show her as a "housecat" or whatever that category is. She's so long, lean and athletic, and has such pretty colours, and gorgeous eyes.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would call her a dilute tortie/tabby - I am not a fan of torties, but adore dilutes when they look like your babe, rather than true patches of colour - my friend called one at the shelter grey and pink!! Have never seen a tortie tabby with such strong tabby markings though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

I would call her a dilute tortie/tabby - I am not a fan of torties, but adore dilutes when they look like your babe, rather than true patches of colour - my friend called one at the shelter grey and pink!! Have never seen a tortie tabby with such strong tabby markings though.
Awww thanks, I'll tell her how pretty you think she is

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I would call her a dilute torbie. Very pretty!
I would call her that too but for the most part I call her a beautiful cat. I always think she looks a bit like a cougar in the face not because of color but because for the way her facial structure is she is just enchanting

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

here is a picture of a patched tabby
many people use the terms 'torbie' & 'patched tabby' interchangeably. this particular website does so. others feel that a patched tabby has solid orangey patches, whereas a torbie has stripes throughout. i haven't been able to verify that on the web yet. messy beast has some interesting pix, too...
cat colors/patterns table
tricolor patterns
tabby patterns
Ok, I can see the difference now. Thanks!