What colorpoint would you consider his coat?

king cricket

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my new Napoleon kitten. He is 6 weeks old in this picture and I'm trying to figure out what he will look like as an adult. The breeder says he is a seal lynx point, but I thought in order to be a seal point the nose has to be black? I'm thinking maybe he is a mottled cream lynx point? Any thoughts? Or pictures for reference? Also, will his colors darken?

Last edited by a moderator:

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's no Seal colored point, the color is too light and brown-ish to be a seal. However, his color will continue to darken over time, and in a few weeks and even years from now he'll be a lot darker.

I think he might be a cinnamon tabby point.

Do you happen to know the parents of have their picture? It might make it easier to check what his color might be :)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

king cricket

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's no Seal colored point, the color is too light and brown-ish to be a seal. However, his color will continue to darken over time, and in a few weeks and even years from now he'll be a lot darker.

I think he might be a cinnamon tabby point.

Do you happen to know the parents of have their picture? It might make it easier to check what his color might be :)
He is 6 weeks old in the pictures, but he is 8 weeks old right now. He is with the breeder right now and will come home when he is 11 weeks old. Here is his mom and dad:

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's really a cuty <3

As you can see on the mom, there is a white part around the nose. Your boy probably has the same. This white section makes his nose pink, which explains why it's not "black"  as you would expect on a darker color.

I still don't think he's a true seal tabby point, but more of a lighter. Perhaps blue or, as I said before, cinnamon.

marian100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't give a flying pig about his colour, he is so scrumptiously pretty.

memeow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He appears to have white feet, is this true? 

From looking at his face he has white as well as the point. So in my opinion, if there is indeed white on his face, I may classify him as a Chocolate Tabby Point Bi-colour.