What color is this?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
We have a kitty at the shelter with the most unusual eyes. I'm not sure I can even describe them. First impression is that they are completely colorless. They're very pale with no hints of green, yellow, or blue. Is there such a thing as silver or pewter for eye color?

She's a beautiful little brown tabby and white. Her eyes look more grey in the pictures, partly because of the lighting I think. It's also hard to capture the depth that you can see in person.

cinder_chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow!!!! Those eyes, they look into you're soul and they're so very haunting. I too would love to know what color these eyes are and what breeds tend to have them more than others. From the picture you posted they look like they have a hint of gold, but you said in person that they are colorless looking? They are so beautiful I'm saving the picture to my computer!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
As I said, the lighting is not good for taking pictures. Absolutely no gold in them. The closest thing I can think of is silver, and that's not quite right.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

As I said, the lighting is not good for taking pictures. Absolutely no gold in them. The closest thing I can think of is silver, and that's not quite right.
Wow
I've never seen that before so naturally I don't know but if I had to assign words to it, I might be tempted start off with something like "pale mineral-hue eyes" (Never ask me to get creative with words - I tend to go overboard
That cat's a total beauty, wow

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those sure are stunning eyes!
I think she has 'green' eyes, just very VERY pale green, almost completely lacking the color. I'm now talking about the good shade of green which doesn't have a slightest hint of yellow or warm tone in them. I've seen similar on shaded silver BSHs (in our association the only accepted eyecolor is green for them, aqua tone preferred), and when they are very pale, they look almost like that.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My goodness, what a beautiful cat! Hope she finds a forever home soon - someone will be very lucky!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with NG - its a very pale green. I've seen a few cats like that but its rare to have almost no color.

cinder_chan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What do you think Goldycat, does pale almost nonexistent green seem like a fair color to call those cat eyes? I too hope that cat with the beautiful eyes has found a forever home!! Is she a sweetie?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I had to go back to the shelter to look at her again. I did manage to get a picture when she was on the patio, thinking that the color would be more accurate in natural light than under florescent lights. I'm not sure it worked well. They still show more yellow in the picture than in real life. If I had to put a color to her eyes, then yes, I'd say they are a very pale green.

She is a sweetie, very friendly and loves to play. However, she does object rather vociferously to having her nails trimmed.

It's too bad nobody seems to be adopting cats right now. We have a dozen adult cats who have all been at the shelter for at least 2 or 3 months.