What color do you paint you fingernails??

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I like the fun glittery girly colours and the metalic hues too. I go in stages of wearing it lots, then not bothering. Besides, it wears off pretty quick on me. I usually just buy the cheap and cheerful stuff at the supermarket.
if you like cheap polish, Sally's is the best place - they have these little, tiny bottles for $1 each - loads of fun colors, too! we have 2 Sally's here locally, & i buy my toe polish from them

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually either have a french manicure, or paint them with clear or very light pink polish...only because it's not so noticeable when they chip. I like OPI's polish...it's more expensive, but it seems to last longer on me.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When i manicure my nails i will use french manicure set or clear untill they are long enough, then i will paint it either dark purple or black.. I love the black it stands out so nicely!

In summer i paint my toenails also black.. I dont like to go crazy over colours

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I like OPI's polish...it's more expensive, but it seems to last longer on me.
I totally agree. I was shocked at the price but so tempted by the pretty colours, so I gave in and, well, it was worth it. Check out their website, it's pretty nice http://www.opi.com

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE to paint my nails and have them nicely manicured
I love to use different shades of pink on them- those are my favorite. I also LOVE something with a little bit of kick to it like the color i'm currently wearing- it's OPI's "Lincon Park After Dark" it's a gorgeous purple/black color. It looks really nice - i keep my nails nice and make sure the polish doesn't chip so it looks good, not goth. I also have a really cute orangish/pink color that i like to wear sometimes too
Reds and nude colors are great too! Heck, i just love painted nails
There are several brands that i really love: OPI, Sally Hansen, FingerPaints, and Wet n' Wild. All have great colors and rarely ever chip
They range from about $.99 - $7.50 and all are great! I'm a florist- so designing can wreak havoc on your nails- so i always try to keep mine nicely manicured to keep them in good shape.
When i'm in a hurry for time and need them to dry quickly- i turn my hair dryer on low and hold it a few inches away from my wet nails - it drys them sooooo quickly and they never smear that way!
Here's the link to Finger Paints- they sell um in Sally Beauty Supply Stores -they're great! www.fingerpaints.com

Here's the color that i'm currently wearing: Lincon Park After Dark
http://www.opi.com/Dark.asp#2 / When i repaint them it'll probably be something completly differnt like a bright pink or a nude color
I love having options!

Also- CrazyForInfo- you said you were having a hard time finding a good brown color- this one looks GREAT! Check it out

the "espresso your style" one in the middle of the page
http://www.opi.com/Dark.asp#2

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

In a word, RED. There is no other color for nail polish OR lipstick, IMO.
Oh i LOVE a nice shade of red
I like reds that have a hint of a blue tint to them- for lipstick - they make your teeth look whiter, and for nailpolish they make your skin look tanner (good for me since i don't tan)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Atm im looking after my tootsies better and have gone with a very light pearly colour so it looks nude from some angles but still pretty. Normally i wear black or dark purple...question is, can i still get away with goth in pretty pale toes? lol

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thread is addictive lol. I just repainted my nails. Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength in "must have iris: -it's a really sheer light pink that's shimmery- it's pretty! completly different from the purple color i was wearing a few minutes ago lol

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Usually various shades of red = cherry, crimson, maroon.. I got some of the Chanel black one a few months ago - I forget what it's called. I had to get on a waiting list to get it.. but it's really nice, I like it a lot. Black nailpolish can look sexy if it's done right

They're bare right now tho, cos I've been too lazy to paint them.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I personally do not paint my fingernails, do not think it would go with my complexion very well,
. But I dont mind most colours except black nails, never really liked that colour for nail polish.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wear mostly purples and reds. Favorite brands: Sinful and Wet 'n Wild. I also get some good colors at the 99-cent store.

For a top coat, I use Sally Hansen's Teflon Tough in clear - it keeps the color from chipping.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use pinks, reds, peaches, mauves, & neutrals, depending my mood or the occasion. They HAVE to be cremes though. I don't use glittery polish. If I have time to actually apply 2 coats, even the cheap stuff stays on for a week.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm addicted to Chanel's Vamp! It's almost black and looks very sexy on my short nails (or at least that's what my hubby tells me!)

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wet 'n Wild's Precious Metals are lovely. I have a ruby-red glitter and am currently wearing a silvery lavender glitter.

koukou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My finger nails are either buffed naturally or french or american manicure. I love having my toe nails painted red. I would like to try black/dark red but my hands not steady enough!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just bought 4 new colors from Avon. One of their shimmery special lines. Actually I was so excited when I got them I pained one hand a pink right away and the other hand is a very light whitish purple. I was at work or I'd have done my feet with the other colors!

I don't usually buy any specific brand. Sometimes I have a color in mind and I look at them all till I find something close to it. Sometimes they just catch my eye. I wear darks, light, sheer, etc. I also do nail art, either free hand or jewels and stuff. Sometimes I do scenes like for holidays. I'll do them themed like pink with blue tips and a gold line dividing them for a baby shower. I've done neutral with a gold line and a heart diamond jewel for a wedding, etc. I love nails! Fortunatley I'm blessed with good nails. They grow 'squared' naturally and are hard. I cut them down every now and again to keep them even and not dangerous! Right now they are about a medium length for me.

My toes right now are a semi-sparkly nude/brown color. The tips are a gold glitter (like a french manicure kind of) and I have red hearts in the middle of my big toe. I did it for Valentine's day since I had that big dinner to got to. My nails were a gorgeous red to match my accessories. Gold tips and heart jewels too of course!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a manicure yesterday and she put Opi (I think it was called Bubble Bath) very pale pink on my hands and another Opi pale pink on my toes. I usually go with a dark wine colour on my toes called "Romeo and Juliet".

I like Opi. It seems to have a pretty long shelf life.