What color coat is this? Also, breed?

Ellexius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my new kitten. I’m wondering what color coat/breed she may be as I’m having trouble finding similar coats online. She’s predominantly grey, with what seems like some brown? Either way, she’s everything and I’d die for her haha.

Attachments

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's gorgeous, is she longhair or shorthair? If she's longhair she might be a Ragdoll or a Birman :redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ellexius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I’m not too sure if she’s long or short-haired. These are the most recent pics of her, and she’s 6w old. She seems a little fluffy, so I’m leaning more towards long but honestly this is my first cat since 2006, I don’t know much of anything.

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can rule out one breed I was thinking, cause her face doesn't look pointy enough: siamese :heartshape:

mmdesolate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
99% chance she's just a domestic shorthair or longhair if you found her at only 6 weeks old. As for colour, maybe some kind of tortie point? I'm not really seeing red in her but the pattern lines up and I've seen tortie point kittens who looked almost free of red until they were adults.

Ellexius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So that’s what it’s called! I’ve been searching “grey” but all that shows up is Russian blues, etc. Tortie point looks like the most similar to her coat. How do I know if her fur will be long vs short?

Ellexius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here’s two more pics!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you! I’m not too sure if she’s long or short-haired. These are the most recent pics of her, and she’s 6w old. She seems a little fluffy, so I’m leaning more towards long but honestly this is my first cat since 2006, I don’t know much of anything.
In unsure cases, its easier to determine via the tail. bushy tail = longhair / semilonghair, non bushy = shorthair...

Re coloring: As somebody said, Tortie point... That is why she has these whitish streaks here and there... Coloring is black "Seal".

BUT. Eyes should be blue, both because she is a point and because she is a baby yet... And her eyes arent clearly blue.
Also, she is well darkish too early...

So I think she is a combo of the siamese point gene and the burmese gene... Not common, but not totally unique once you know this combo exists...
This explains both she is darkish already as young kitten, and also, her eyes arent no good blue...

Breed is almost surely domestic.

mmdesolate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Agree. At least 2 weeks...

Modern breeders let them go first at 16 weeks...
I understand why breeders wait until 16 weeks, but I also support rescues and shelters letting them go at 8/10/12 as long as they're neutered/spayed and have a littermate or other same age kitten to go with, just because of how many domestic kittens they get filled with every year from feral cats and irresponsibly kept pet cats.

Ellexius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
An update! She’s definitely a tortie point, or tortimese. This is for people who have similar coat cats and are curious.

Her little feet are becoming red, and her eyes are becoming more grey but I have a feeling that’ll change once she’s an adult.

Attachments

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and her eyes are becoming more grey but I have a feeling that’ll change once she’s an adult.
Very, very likely. When mine was that age, her eyes were a beautiful light grey - almost exactly like yours is, they are now hazel. Sometimes yellow, sometimes green depending on the lighting and her mood.