What cell phone provider and device do you have?

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

***Verizon upgraders....Be careful when upgrading. I just used my upgrade right after they went tiered and OMG was there frickin issues. It might be better now but right after they made the switch they actually tried to refuse to let me grandfather my unlimited data plan because it was a 'buddy upgrade' which basically means that I upgraded DFs line but activated the phone on my number. They tried fighting tooth and nail that we couldnt keep the unlimited data on both lines but after what felt like a billion hours and ten thousand different people on the phone they finally got it straightened out so if they say your unlimited isnt grandfathered in dont let them get away with it......
I had to go verify with my friend at Verizon last month about that too - wanted to make sure that if I upgrade, my unlimited data will be grandfathered in. He told me as long as I NEVER remove a smartphone from that number/account, I should be good. Well, I can't ever imagine going back to a non-smartphone now anyway!
. I activated the account with my phone, but my husband somehow became the primary line when he joined the account3 months later. My friend told me it was because whoever added him did it the "lazy way" instead of the proper way to keep my line the primary. I guess that's good, because it's "his" upgrade I'll be using (we've been trading upgrades since my first blackberry died and they had no replacements, they said).

I may be going for the switch today..... my phone had a spaz-attack this morning and reset itself twice, then the battery drained from full charge to absolutely no charge in under 10 minutes! My co-worker let me borrow his charger, but I already emailed my friend at Verizon to find out when/where he's working at the rest of the week! HTC Merge or Thunderbolt may be in my hands by the weekend (depending on price, as I can't fathom more than $150 for an upgraded phone!)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I upgraded to a Samsung Gem (it was 95 cents!) and I took the lowest data plan possible as I do not plan on using my phone instead of my laptop. So I have a lot of learning to do on it yet.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Blackberry and we're with Rogers...however this is in Canada so I don't think Rogers is in the US.

morningrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One block shy of Crazyville, West Virginia
I used to be with Sprint... but for one phone and only unlimited texting I was paying around $65 a month and had little service area... at home it was fine and as long as I was just around town... if I went out of my town I lost service. I got my youngest daughter a phone from Walmart and put her on the Straight talk plan... Unlimited EVERYTHING and only $45 a month... she had service everywhere... even out at our families' farm where no one had service. So I switched from Sprint to Straight Talk myself when my contract expired. No problems at all, I have a Samsung T something looks like a blackberry... and they just came out with a smartphone with Apps and all for only $99.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my HTC Thunderbolt today!
LOVE IT

Unlimited Data plan + 1400 shared minutes on Verizon with hubby still.

Was glad my plan didn't go up with the addition of a 4G phone, because rumors were going around that 4G would cost more, but they changed their minds when the Thunderbolt debuted my Verizon friend said. I did end up adding $6.99/mo insurance to my plan, because without it this phone is $700 to replace if I end up breaking it!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Motorola phone with Straight Talk prepaid wireless. Unlimited talk, text and internet. It doesn't have all the apps of a smart phone, but I do get high speed internet access. Doesn't have as big of a screen as I would like, but it does the job well. Been thinking of going with another company, different phone etc, but have not decided yet. I kinda like the idea of no contract. I can also go with a limited plan for $15 per month less. That would be 1000 minutes and 1000 texts per month, but I like the unlimited plan better.
They do have smart phones too, but not sure if the service would be as good or not. I do not know anyone who has a smart phone with Straight talk yet. I am very pleased with Straight talk too. I do not drop calls and have access 99% of the time. There are a few spots inside my house, that I lose the internet connection, but that has nothing to do with the phone. It's where I live. I wouldn't get better service with another provider either. I know most cell locations where I live do not have the 4G service yet.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome phone Tara. I was gonna go 4G with the LG Revolution when I had my upgrade but in my area Ill end up using my next upgrade before we get 4G so I held off on getting a 4G phone. Im also not a fan of HTC I dont care for the way their phones are set up and how they do things. DF has the Incredible and it really just doesnt do anything for me. My next phone will be either a Motorola Droid brand (I do LOVE my X) or LG. Even with all the problems I had with my Ally I still love LG.