What Cat Litter are You Using?

adhzedan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have two cats and are using Tidy Cats Multiple Cats but it doesn't seem to be working on the odor very well. I think maybe it's because they're really smelly... I know my parents use Dr Elsey's cat litter because their outdoor cat refuses to use anything else, especially if it's scented.

I really need to find something that will clump well around urine because they pee A LOT and it smells once you start to sift through the box to find other things.

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adhzedan

We have two cats and are using Tidy Cats Multiple Cats but it doesn't seem to be working on the odor very well. I think maybe it's because they're really smelly... I know my parents use Dr Elsey's cat litter because their outdoor cat refuses to use anything else, especially if it's scented.

I really need to find something that will clump well around urine because they pee A LOT and it smells once you start to sift through the box to find other things.
special kitty clumping formula clumps really really well.

firebirdmagic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey, for the odor, use that carpet dusting vacume stuff, from the dollar store, sprinkle it in, and you won't smell the bad..just the good...Mike, Medford Oregon

minniemoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I use a wood based litter for my kitty, as it is 3 times more absorbent than ordinary cat litters. It works effectively longer and requires changing less often, although I change her everyday anyway. Best of all it's easy to dispose of and doesn't cling to my kitten's paws...Hence less mess around my home! It's fantastic at absorbing odours and smells constantly of a lovely fresh pine smell (unless she has a poo of course)

Also what i love about it is that is produced from recycled timber by-products that contain no harmful dust.
I've always used it for my house bunny, so naturally I've followed suit with my new kitten Poppy.

shanynne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been happy with Fresh Step, the one with the Carbon. It clumps really really well and is great with the odor control. The only thing I don't like is that it has a fair amount of dust. Because of the dust, I wanted to experiment with other brands, but my kitties really seem to like the Fresh Step, so I have decided to stick with it. Plus you can find it at most major grocery stores.

Shanynne
Extreme Kitty Lover

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adhzedan

Are you using the regular or the Crystals Blend clumping? I had problems with the regular, but not the Crystals Blend.

I have been happy with Fresh Step, the one with the Carbon. It clumps really really well and is great with the odor control. The only thing I don't like is that it has a fair amount of dust. Because of the dust, I wanted to experiment with other brands, but my kitties really seem to like the Fresh Step, so I have decided to stick with it. Plus you can find it at most major grocery stores.
I didn't know anyone was making clumping litter with carbon in it again! I really liked one several years ago (but don't remember the brand), but then they changed their formula, and no carbon, didn't work as well. It was really good for odor control, but it was a bit dusty, too.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Swheat Scoop on my foster kittens- it's all natural, so I don't have to worry if they get curious and try to "taste" it.

For my girls, I love Arm & Hammer Super Scoop!

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

Wow only one box for 5 cats??
We just live in a two bedroom apartment and there's no place for a second one (we have two bathrooms and the second one is a small guest bathroom). I'm moving into a house in a few months and we'll have two - one on the main floor and one in the basement.

Our one gets scooped at least once a day (most times twice a day) and as I said above, I completely change it out once a week. I'm looking forward to having two so maybe I'll only have to change it out completely every two-three weeks.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been there, done that with 4 cats, in a 14' by 52' trailer.
. Yes, it will be nice! Congrats!
Now we have 1 small covered box upstairs, 2 big ones one the main level, and one in the basement, just in case - we have one who LOVES to sleep on the cab of my husband's truck, or in my van if I leave a window down

sarathan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm using a mixture of WBCL and Arm & Hammer Multi Cat. I think I'm gonna get rid of the WBCL completely.... it's sooo dusty. My cats are sneezing constantly and there's snot everywhere in my house, it's disgusting. That's why I started adding the A&H in the first place, but there's still too much dust. I'm going to try the A&H High Performance since that's also a natural corn-based litter. If that doens't work either, then I'm going to use A&H Fragrance Free exclusively.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found WBCL dusty and ineffective at suppressing odors.

The best corncob based litter is Nature's Miracle, hands down. It's not available everywhere but you can get it at amazon.com