What cat breed is this?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there! I'm glad you found our site!

I believe a "pedigree" literally means that the cat has papers, or is registered. You should Google something like "cat color genetics" or something like that. From what I can remember, at least one of the parents was black, and at least one of the parents has the white spotting gene. The color is carried on the X chromosome, so since she is a "she," I'm pretty sure neither one of her parents was red (that's what they call the orange color.)

If I can help you with questions you have about our site, just ask. You can respond in this thread, or click on my name and send a PM.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a black & white bicolor domestic shorthair, a moggie.
Hard to say what her parents looked like, but most likely one of them was a solid color, probably black or blue and the white spotting has to come from one or both of the parents. The other parent could have almost looked like anything, excluding red (but including tortie).

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG she looks so much like my Rainbow Angel Misty who you can see in my siggy. She is a beautiful kitty.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have some misinformation in there (like 'tuxedo' and grey cat, there are no such things), but what bothers me the most is that they kept misspelling Kuura!!
(The 'brindled' part has a Finnish cat called Kuura pictured in there, not mine though, mine is a boy and has no white in him
)

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pfft, and I suppose you would say there's no moo cat class either?