Not open for further replies.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailail

hi penny first of i would just like to ask where in the world you live

as i live in england and you are allowed to cross two purebreds to make a breed

exsample : simise cross with burmese is a tonkmise and can be resigtser as a purebred

i also think it is worst breeding purebred cats for years and years and retired them at age 6

all this women wants to do is have one litter of kittens from this cat whats wrong with that

she ask for are opition on how to get them to breed not a 2 page telling off because she doesn't agree with what you belive

p.s soz about the spelling
Gail,

I realize that where you live, things ~may~ be different. However, one thing is the same the world over. Non-pedigreed cats are reproducing at an epidemic rate and the pet overpopulation crisis is very, very real.

And while there is some small grain of truth in what you said about crossing two breeds to make a new breed, the fact is that you should not cross two non-pedigreed domestic cats - the key phrase here is "non-pedigreed". To allow a non-pedigreed cat to reproduce is to manufacture kittens for the sake of having kittens and this is not only irrresponsible and unethical, it is just downright wrong when the world is FULL of such kittens waiting in shelters the globe over only to be euthanised.

TCS does not advocate nor do we encourage the practice of mating cats who are not registered, pedigreed breeds and we (and that WE includes you if you want to continue being a contributing member to this Forum) cannot and will not sanction this practice.

Consider this the final word in this thread. I am closing it now due to the fact that the original poster's questions have been answered within the guidelines of TCS and within the guidelines of this forum. If you or anyone else has anything further to add, please feel free to PM me or contact me via private email. We're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.