What breeds would you guess Waffles has?

taylerhill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Waffles. She is about 4 months old right now. We got her from our local humane society and they said she was a domestic short hair mix which is understandable. I'm wondering if there could be other breeds in her due to her short/curly tail and her face is shaped kind of different in my opinion. I would appreciate any guesses or opinions on her! Thank you!!

She is the kitten on the top level:

Top level again:

The cat on the left:

Waffles and our dog Cotton

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 In some of the photos she reminds me of a Pixiebob.   Not the first photo so much.  but the one on the cat tree where she is on top,  and the one with Cotton.

She's got a tail mutation probably similar to theirs and other breeds like American Bobtail, Desert Lynx etc.  which  may be related to the Manx gene.   This doesn't necessarily mean she is definitely descended from Pixiebobs or cats of the other breeds that came from breeders -   because they came from random-bred cats with short tails.   so she could be like one of those cats that were the foundation cats.

Here is a link that compares American Bobtail & Pixiebob , that does a good job on showing the differences with photos .  You might find that interesting. http://attitudeacres1.homestead.com/Differences.html

It will be interesting to see how she turns out,  since right now she's still so young.    I hope you will stay around so we get to see  more of her!

So how do she and Cotton get along?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taylerhill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info! It's kind of hard to tell in the pictures but at the end of her tail is kind of curled. 

We also have another dog, Sage as well. Both cats get along great with both dogs! Sage is still a puppy so she is still learning to play gentle with the cats. My older cat loves to play with Sage though. They have slapping wars and they chase each other. Waffles is still learning how to play with dogs. She doesn't quite understand that Sage is playing when she chases her lol.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is not unusual that some of these bobtailed cats can have a bit of a kink or curve on the tail .  

Interestingly  there have been apparently spontaneous mutations for this in widely separated cat populations ,  different continents.