What breed(s) do you think my kitten is?

meekabookitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My kitten was found with his brother on the street when he was 4 weeks old. He doesn't vocalize much, and has VERY soft fur. When he was little he was very fluffy and had ear tufts which went away as he grew. He now has long belly hair which is soft like a rabbit, and his back is covered with two different fur types. He has some long, very shiny fur and underneath it is a thick, plush layer of dense undercoat like a wild winter cat. He is very outgoing and weighs almost 10 pounds at 6 months old. He is 29.5 inches from nose to tail tip. I know that he is not purebred as his brother was an over sized short-haired tuxedo kitten. I'm just curious about your opinions on possible breed(s)! :-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meekabookitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He also has the most dog-like personality of any cat I've ever seen. He follows people, licks you, and loves going out to meet new people and animals on his harness. He has no problem going into a group of 100 people or meeting other cats, dogs, rabbits, horses, cows, etc. What a strange little kitty he is!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My kitten was found with his brother on the street when he was 4 weeks old. He doesn't vocalize much, and has VERY soft fur. When he was little he was very fluffy and had ear tufts which went away as he grew. He now has long belly hair which is soft like a rabbit, and his back is covered with two different fur types. He has some long, very shiny fur and underneath it is a thick, plush layer of dense undercoat like a wild winter cat. He is very outgoing and weighs almost 10 pounds at 6 months old. He is 29.5 inches from nose to tail tip. I know that he is not purebred as his brother was an over sized short-haired tuxedo kitten. I'm just curious about your opinions on possible breed(s)! :-)
He is a verry handsome tuxedo - a model exemplary cat.  You can also call him for a black - white bi-color if  you wish  (or rather, its the correct official label on his pattern.

Kittens are often a little more bushy as adults.  The question now as adult is if he has longish shorthair or is a medium hair.   Decide by the tail.  If the tail is not bushy when he is calm, he is shorthair.  If tail is bushy also normally - he is medium, or longhair.

Alhough his gorgousness, I think he is a domestic. Difficult to trace any definite breed.

But.  Him being SO friendly, and so sociale,  I think you can have two-three different carriers for him, depending on your interests and your time, both or one of them.

1.  Psrticipate in Shows, in their  Household Pets class.    Almost all shows do have such a class.

2.  Think if he can be used as an Animal Therapy cat...   Its an important work.

3.  Helping shy semiferales to be socialized.  Ie you foster, and he is the exemplary ambassadeour and  positive example for them.

Good luck!