What Breed of cat this is?

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it were me deciding what kind of cat that is, I would say that it's a DMH orange/buff tabby. But then again, I'm not an expert on cat breeds just horse and dog breeds

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amir0150

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you very much for the suggestion i will look into it atleast u gave me a tip which is quite worth. thank you friend.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The proper color term is Red Tabby (or Cream tabby if dilute). I'll look at the pic at home. Technically there really is only short or long hair cats. In the show world if you have a medium long hair cat, its considered to be a longhair cat.

mismaris777

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

The proper color term is Red Tabby (or Cream tabby if dilute). I'll look at the pic at home. Technically there really is only short or long hair cats. In the show world if you have a medium long hair cat, its considered to be a longhair cat.
Sorry, I was just going off of what the humane society in Milwaukee goes by... and a lot of the time they call it an orange tabby. I didn't know that there was no such thing as a medium haired cat.... I've always referred to Pirate as a DMH as well as Sidney. I guess that means that they are longhairs! lol

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like shorthair to me, other than the tail and a little ruff on the neck.

Red mackerel tabby, domestic short hair

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the shelters label it wrong

He is a Red Mackerel Tabby (to be more specific). And I would call him a shorthair - not a medium or long hair cat. Kinda looks like a British SH with Exotic SH mixed in there if any breed. Exotics would have the short thicker tail like that but the body/head look more like a Brit.

He would be a domestic shorthair.