What breed is this kitty?

mooramogan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My husband and I are considering adopting this kitty from a friend, that is if our landlord will negotiate the pet policy with us. 

I just want to know what breed(s) he looks like. His name is Neptune and he's the sweetest :)

Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooramogan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm thinking British Short hair or Silver Tabby. Maybe both. Maybe neither.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS mooramogan :wavey:

Neptune is a Domestic Shorthair Mackerel Tabby with white. He does not resembles a British Shorthair.
You could be right that he's a Silver Tabby. He's a handsome boy!

I hope that your landlord will allow you to keep him.

Once you get Neptune to stay with you, please introduce yourself and Neptune in 'New Cats on the Block' under the General Forums so that the community can get to know you guys better and you guys can get to know more cat's here also do post more of Neptune's photos ;)

See ya around ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooramogan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks! I'm not sure why I thought British Shorthair. 

Mackerel Tabby sounds much closer.

I appreciate it!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just to clarify, British shorthair is a breed of cat, tabby is a coat pattern that comes in a number of colours and recognized variation of markings. Some breeds accept tabby as a coat pattern.and colour in the breed, others do not. Domestic Shorthair is what we call any cat that is not a recognized registered breed and covers around 99% of the world cat population.

Your very pretty little boy is a domestic shorthair, pattern mackerel tabby, colour grey with white.