What breed is this cat?

j1e2n3n4y5

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boyfriend told me she's a Siamese but I dont believe him cause I thought Siamese cats are darker

[/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wonder if it is burmese point on her.  Thereby not said she is a burmese, it can be like with most others point cats - both parents are carriers of the point gene, but themselves they can have any look.

Siamese points are almost always more light in the body, if they darken up they do it first as senior cats,as many  do tend to be darker with time.

While burman  are often dark in the body.

Otherwise not impossible it is some sort of fever coat - especielly if she is still a kitten.  Sometimes you can be really mistaken,  I myself did it at least once...

The other cat is no point, just "common" dark cat, no?

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very pretty cat! Do you mean darker as in the face colour?

l have a blue point Siamese that looks like the kitty in the picture, except his body is lighter. But his legs, face and tail are "blue", or grey.

The dark faced ones that people typically think of as Siamese are called seal point. But Siamese can come in a variety of point colours.

Your cat looks like it has mint-green eyes which are unusual for a pointed cat. Typically they would be blue.

Last edited:

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Siamese, Frosty is very similar to this. She is actually lighter overall on her body than your kitty. With dark tail, paws, ears and face (which I guess classifies her as a point).