What breed is this cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already own 2 cats of my own, and that is my limit (my parents rule)

So I cant adopt any more cats, even the really friendly ones.

I'm too nervous to post anything on petfinder, or any other adoption site for that matter.

I did once find a Maine Coon purebred or mix rescue, and contacted them because they have rescue members living in most states. But they mentioned flying the rescued cats all at once to 1 state, there rescue facility. They never contacted me back after I asked how they safely get all the cats on a plane?

I really cant see how the person on the other end lives, who knows how to tell if a person is truly good, or acts nice but could be a bad person looking for potential labratory cats? Plus I cant travel to drive the cat to anyone.

I really dont know how he will get a home if nobody I know will adopt him, and no shelter will take him?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well with Petfinder, you can meet the people and/or check out the home if close enough. Or you can put an ad in the newspaper/community boards where you live.

shambles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
exactly, you have a much better chance of knowing he's going to a good home by vetting the home yourself! you can always say 'no' to anyone you get a bad vibe from. i would definitely ask for vet references, ask to meet the other pets if there are any, and do a home check if at all possible. call the gorgeous boy a Persian x Maine Coon and i'm sure someone in your area will happily take him in. this gorgeous boy deserves to have a loving indoor home!