What Breed Is My Stray Kitten?

annfebruary1991

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my brother had a stray kitten about 3 or 4 !months old come to him and let us take him in and rescue him. He was born without a tail, and one of his ears the top half of his ear was torn off when we found him. He has very distinctive cheek bones. We've never seen a cat with cheekbones as big as his. He is grey and white. A beautiful kitten. He looks like a tiger in the face. Can anyone tell me what Breed he ma be?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is most probably a domestic shorthair, even if his features are somewhat unusual.
Will be called for blue mackerel tabby and white. Some will call the color for grey, others may call him for diluted.

The nonexistent tail may be a spontane mutation, or possibly he did lost it, possibly already in the momma.

He is very pretty and sweet!

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:yeah:

I agree that he's probably a DSH. There are naturally tailless breeds, like the Manx and the Japanese bobtail (the latter being very rare outside Japan), but being a stray it's more likely to be a random mutation in his case, like StefanZ StefanZ said. He's adorable, anyway! You're lucky he chose you.

GenCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my brother had a stray kitten about 3 or 4 !months old come to him and let us take him in and rescue him. He was born without a tail, and one of his ears the top half of his ear was torn off when we found him. He has very distinctive cheek bones. We've never seen a cat with cheekbones as big as his. He is grey and white. A beautiful kitten. He looks like a tiger in the face. Can anyone tell me what Breed he ma be?
His face structure reminds me of my Aussie friend's cat which was a DSH as well but had a lot of Australian Mist traits. What's funny is looking up photos now there is such a huge range of what they look like that I can't even tell how much her cat looked like one o_O