What breed is my kitten?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What an adorable ginger cat - the tiger like face with little ruff going on are very cute.  Those fluffy ears look good: how old, how large, and what are the paws and tail like?  This information, and may be a photo or two more would help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilbrubru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What an adorable ginger cat - the tiger like face with little ruff going on are very cute.  Those fluffy ears look good: how old, how large, and what are the paws and tail like?  This information, and may be a photo or two more would help.
It's a male kitten, he's around 8 months or so now I think. He has a HUGE bushy tail and fluffy paws. He's not a very big kitten at the moment but he grows every day. :)

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yep gorgeous red cat ! Would be classed as a red mackerel tabby domestic long hair.

Most cats are not of any particular pedigree breed or even mix of breeds. About 97% of cats are domestic cats. Cats have not had as much human control over their breeding like dogs have had. Most cats have just random bred with other cats in the same area. So few if any have any pedigree ancestors. ;)

lilbrubru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep gorgeous red cat ! Would be classed as a red mackerel tabby domestic long hair.

Most cats are not of any particular pedigree breed or even mix of breeds. About 97% of cats are domestic cats. Cats have not had as much human control over their breeding like dogs have had. Most cats have just random bred with other cats in the same area. So few if any have any pedigree ancestors. ;)
Here's actually a few better pictures! :)

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Most cats are not of any particular pedigree breed or even mix of breeds. About 97% of cats are domestic cats. Cats have not had as much human control over their breeding like dogs have had. Most cats have just random bred with other cats in the same area. So few if any have any pedigree ancestors.
A red mackerel tabby, or a red marmalade tabby is what I would call him.  Your kitty looks very much like my Hoppi.  I must get busy and post some pictures.

As for my red marmalade girl, Hoppi is 10 years old, and long haired.  She is very small, weighing only about 7 pounds at most.  But like your kitty, she has all this long fur, and a long bushy tail.

She strayed up to our place when she was barely 8 weeks old.  She does not have her right hind foot.  We think that she got caught in one of those aluminum screen doors--the ones that have the pneumatic door closing devices--and that she lost her foot then.  Then her owner(?) then threw her out in the woods.  Thank goodness she found us.

Last edited:

lilbrubru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A red mackerel tabby, or a red marmalade tabby is what I would call him.  Your kitty looks very much like my Hoppi.  I must get busy and post some pictures.

As for my red marmalade girl, Hoppi is 10 years old, and long haired.  She is very small, weighing only about 7 pounds at most.  But your kitty, she has all this long fur, and a long bushy tail.

She strayed up to our place when she was barely 8 weeks old.  She does not have her right left foot.  We think that she got caught in one of those aluminum screen doors--the ones that have the pneumatic door closing devices--and that she lost her foot then.  The her owner(?) then threw her out in the woods.  Thank goodness she found us.
I'd love to see some pictures! We originally got Tyler off a farmer a few months back, we saved his life. As farmers do he was just going to stick him in a plastic bag and chuck him in the river, so we saved him from that! We originally thought Tyler was a girl, but we found out how wrong we where when we went to get him spade.

Oh my, that does sounds terrible, poor Hoppi! Well at least she's in a caring home now!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Orange, marmalade red, ginger...... Tyler is super CUTE! 
  And yes, looks like he will have long or medium long hair. Had to LoL at that pic of him hanging on the door!  He looks quite a character and I am sure you will have loads of fun with him.  I think he will be a big boy too, a lot of ginger males are quite large.
I'd love to see some pictures! We originally got Tyler off a farmer a few months back, we saved his life. As farmers do he was just going to stick him in a plastic bag and chuck him in the river, so we saved him from that! We originally thought Tyler was a girl, but we found out how wrong we where when we went to get him spade.

Oh my, that does sounds terrible, poor Hoppi! Well at least she's in a caring home now!
What a lucky cat Tyler was that you came along in time.  And Hoppi, very lucky @AngelinaCat, how cruel some people are to throw away a defenceless creature when it is injured like that.

Last edited:

lilbrubru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Orange, marmalade red, ginger...... he is super CUTE! :heart3:   And yes, looks like he will have long or medium long hair. Had to LoL at that pic of him hanging on the door!  He looks quite a character and I am sure you will have loads of fun with him.  I think he will be a big boy too, a lot of ginger males are quite large.
Aha! It's hilarious when he hangs off the door, he does it to get a better view of my dog Bonnie. :) He's a silly little kitten, and Bonnie's terrified of him, which is rather amusing considering the size difference!

I hope he won't be too big! I can just handle him as he is now when he's lay out on top of my chest haha!