What breed is my kitten? is it a mixed of longhaired breeds?

karlmelvin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello guys, i just want to confirm what my cat breed really is.. I'v done reading articles over the net, my friend told me it's persian, i've read that there are two kinds of persian, the dollface and the flatface, is my cat a dollface persian? or mainecoon? or ragdoll? hehe im so sorry im just confused on those longhaired breeds. My cat has no breed papers, it came from a backyard breeder, maybe it's a mixed of longhaired breeds? any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance.. :) :) :)

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
What a beautiful kitten :rbheart:

It's hard to tell when they are still kittens they develop their features better as they get older.
Without papers your kitten can only be classed as a domestic longhair. As pedigree breeds are based on ancestry not looks. But he does remind me a little bit of a Ragdoll ;)

Oh and his colour is a blue and white bicolour :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

karlmelvin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh i see :) usually, do kitten's fur become shorter or longer as they mature? 

Ah! another thing, speaking of color, why do they call this kind of color "blue"? hehehe isn't it gray? it seem's gray to me? :D

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Your cats fur will get a bit longer as he matures. He will be a longhair but not as long as a Persian more semi longhaired. But this is still classed as a longhair.

You are right grey is blue. But the cat breed registries eg TICA, CFA all call a grey coat colour blue.

An example is the Russian Blue breed of cat

Last edited:

karlmelvin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ah okey, thanks a lot! I really learn a lot of stuffs on this site! hehe I'm really excited on how my fur baby will look like when she reached her maturity stage. Oh by the way, i forgot to say, she's female :)

whisperer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a cutie!

I own three Maine Coon mixes, and I have to say I don't think this kitten is a MC or MC mix. If the cat isn't a pedigree, it is almost promised to be a mix because there are so many unfixed cats out there and always have been. It is not like dogs, in which you can often tell the breed; in cats 70% of the population has no idea there are even "breeds" and allow their kitties to breed at random if at all. Therefore, you end up with a ton of mixed kitties.

He looks like he has ragdoll in him to me :) but there are probably a ton of other things as well!

Last edited:

karlmelvin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Then RagDoll it is! 
Thankyou guys.. :)

ktlynn1110

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
she is a RagDoll I have 3 myself and they get a lot of long fur around 1-2 years and if you dont watch what they eat...they will get fat really quick so be careful on how much she eat and make sure she plays a lot oh and by the was she is so adorable!!!

karlmelvin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh i see.. do you have pictures of your ragdolls? would you mind to show me one? :) i'm really excited on how my kitten will look after a year.. :)

karlmelvin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
what a beautiful fur babies you have! hope mine would have that nice furs.. how old are they? are they siblings? they look similar :)