What breed is my kitten #2?

Keck173971

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve found results for pixie Bob, tabby, American shorthair, medium hair, long hair, Maine coon, Norwegian forest cat, or combinations of the above.

Attachments

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So cute!!!

The vast majority of cats in America (and around the world) are multi-generational crosses. In dogs this is called a mutt and in cats it is called a "moggie". They are all unique and incredible cats.
It is unlikely your cat is high percentage pure-bred, but technically there are genetic tests you can do for fun to see the ancestry of your little kitty.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with the above. He is surely a domestic, tabby in pattern.
Lotsa of kitten fuzziness or longhair? Its easier to see on the tail. If bushy, surely longhair. If thin with some hair, no bush - shorthair with lotsa of kitten fuzziness.

A remark: this whitsh aroung mouth and eyes is no true white spot, its secondary marks in tabby patterned cats.

(tabby isnt no breed, its a pattern, common in moggies and many breeds)

Last not least: this kitten is pretty young to leave momma... You must be extra mommy to him.

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that looks like long hair to me. the ruff is long. how old is the baby? are some of those pics before you got them? are you fostering? he looks way too young to be away from momma cat. imo Couldn't even begin to start the breed guessing game before he's a bit older. too baby rn. gonna be a gorgeous cat tho. super adorable.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tabbies are my favorite kind of cat! My first cat was a gray tabby that looked a lot like yours except mine had white socks.

Your kitten could be a long hair but, probably, is a short hair. He's still got a lot of kitten fuzz. It'll take some time for his coat to grow out until you know how long his hair really is.

His color could change, too. He'll still be a gray tabby but he could get a little lighter or darker as he grows and sheds his kitten coat.

FVEAP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We can identify what breed kittens are through their parents. This is the easiest way.

In this case, since your cat is a bit young, I think it is only about 2-3 months old. You should wait a few more months to see how long or short its fur is. Or simply, you can call it Moggy

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We can identify what breed kittens are through their parents. This is the easiest way.

In this case, since your cat is a bit young, I think it is only about 2-3 months old. You should wait a few more months to see how long or short its fur is. Or simply, you can call it Moggy
from those pics I think younger like about 5 maybe 6 weeks old. it looks like it's eyes are still changing from blue