What breed is my cat?

Lxonelyboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey, my name is Ken!
this is my baby Sugar, i've had her for about 7 months now (i got her when she was about 3/4 months old) she was found in a old garage with her siblings, so the only info the rescue could provide was she's a dilute calico. i would LOVE to know what her breed/mix is because i dont see many cats with eyes as big as hers, shes got these big bug-eyes that completely melt your heart. i could totally be wrong though, and she could be a common cat and im just that inattentive Lol
but anyways, here's some info about Sugar:

she's about 12 lbs, and id say shes about average size for a cat- maybe a lillll bigger. overall, her demeanor is very laidback- she's sassy but loveable and ALWAYS lookin for trouble (similar to a child, she knows certain things she isnt allowed to do but still does them until shes caught- then she runs off all while telling us off LOL) she loves food so especially lookin to eat somethin she shouldnt! (the vet checked her out already and shes 100% healthy, but oddly enough Sugar enjoys eating anything, including her two favorites- napkins/cardboard. not that we let her of course.)

shes very friendly, but a total 'baby'- she'll hide when new people showup at our house (and even those she knows who have visited in the past to spend the day), it takes about a full day (almost 2) for her to warmup and stop hiding. Sugar's VERY vocal and seems to always be talkin, whether its talkin back after gettin in trouble or just talkin because she can.

in regards to activity, id say she sleeps fairly often, but when she plays she goes craazzzyy. shes a total nut, as my family loves to call her haha. shes very well tempered and has never hissed/clawed at anyone, and gets along with our other 2 cats as well. she's very well-groomed and always spends SO much time washin herself- she absolutely hates bein dirty.

she's very clever, catches onto things pretty quickly, can be very attentive, and definitely has some attitude. shes also very, very curious haha and has a huge love for the sink faucet when its running water- she loves dippin her paws in it- unfortunately she feels the same way about the toilet... i did try to introduce her to water in the bathtub to see if she liked it though, and she actually did go in it (the water only went up to her paws) but once Sugar noticed she couldnt get the water out from underneath her she hopped out and spent a good 10 mins washin herself

She was actually the one to catch a mouse who was wreakin havoc in our house (she didnt kill him, but she pawed at him quite a bit and then carried him around until my father was able to get him).

as for affection, Sugar loves to be pet- obviously on her terms, but if you say hello to her and put your hand out theres a 95% chance she'll rub her cheek into your hand (her cheek is her fav spot to be pet) as an invite. she'll also raise her tail when you talk to her in excitement and will come by you just to graze your legs once or twice as a way to greet you. she definitely has her moods where she dont wanna be pet/'bothered', but she also has her moods where all she wants is a great cuddle- then she's in your lap or right next to you, kneading at the blanket, purring loudly, and very much so enjoyin the rubs all before going to sleep. those moods are fairly often, and mainly only with me (im her dad Lol) which, funny enough, she also loves to 'tease' me at times with her 'hard to get' catittude, or how she ALWAYS will stick her butt in my face just to fart. (she's really cute like that LOL as i said before- total troublemaker but you cant help but love her)

overall, shes a wonderful, wonderful baby, and this was everythin i could think to include to help idenitify her breed better (plus some extra stuff). im sorry if this was long, i could talk for hours about her.
i hope to get some clarity soon! sending love to everyone who reads this :-)

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is very nice and pretty, with a charming behavior. :)
Her being shy to visitors is probably her semiferale background. Still, whom complains!? Its nice to know, she loves you and is sociale to you not because its thursday today, but because you did earned her trust and her love... My first resident was quite similiar in this, although he was bought from a good breeder. But he learned me much about shy cats, and thus, also adopted semiferales....

I think your pretty girl is a domestic, although bigger than the average female. Domestic shorthair, diluted torbie with white. Ie a combo of tortie, tabby, having some white, and having her dilutation gene doubled, giving the colors blue, orange and white.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really is lovely! :redheartpump:

I would also describe your girl as a dilute torbie and white domestic shorthair. (Technically, she isn't dilute calico because she is a tabby. A dilute calico is a dilute tortoiseshell and white.) Most cats are not any specific breed, but that doesn't make them any less special! Cats vary in eye size and shape, and her eyes are within the normal range for domestic cats. I agree that she has beautiful eyes and a very appealing sweet expression!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does have beautiful eyes! I agree with the above, a DSH, dilute torbie and white. Without papers, any short haired cat is a DSH. Her background could include British Shorthair, they have very large eyes, but she doesn't have the round face. Torbies means she is a tortoiseshell with stripes, which is relatively rare. she is special!