What breed is my cat?:-)

mmilikecats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, i’ve been wondering for the longest what kind of breed my black cat is. I adopted him 2 months ago, he was 2 months old now he’a 4 months old. I know 0 information about who his parents were or anything since i adopted him from a guy who found him. His name is Toga. I have another cat she’s 7 months but their features are completely different. Toga is different from the regular house cats i’ve seen. Ill put up some pictures if that can help. Thank you!

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like you have a beautiful mini panther :redheartpump:

I would describe Toga as a black domestic shorthair. Most cats are not any particular breed. There is a lot of variety in the domestic cat gene pool, so cats can vary a lot in size, general appearance, head and body shape, color, and hair type. Each one has its own unique blend of characteristics. What features stand out to you that make Toga seem different from other cats you have seen?

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is he a dark chocolate or is he black? He looks dark brown to me but I cant tell if it's just lighting. He is very striking. If he is dark brown that is an unusual coat color (though not something that doesnt happen in dsh.)