What Breed is My Cat

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi, wanting a few opinions on what type of kitten this is?
Thanks for viewing
Blue point, semi-longhair (ie mediumhair).  You can prob compare him with an ragdoll.   But what he really is, we cant know for sure.  He may even have two non pointed parents.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bondi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could you please try again with the photo, so its not quoted?  It will be easier to get it bigger.   I see already now at least half of the kittens are points, so I presume momma is non point but a carrier of the point gene,  but father was a point.   Such combination gives this ratio, half of kittens points, half not.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ok, I see better now. Momma is a beautiful tortie (possibly calico, the spots are clear enough to call her for a calico if you wish).

One kitten -surely female, is a tortie, three are dark points - these may be boys, and may be girls.   So daddy was surely a point, momma is a non point carrier.

The statistics arent ironclad, theoretically it should be 2+2, here they are 3+1.

Im not entirely sure on the fur lengh.  The tails I can see arent  bushy.  So it may be just kitten fuzziness.  But if some tail is bushy, it belongs to a mediumhaired. (medium-haired is really a long hair gene - the hereditary the same as for points -  the gene must come from both parents, but they themselves dont need to be longhaired).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bondi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you for sharing your knowledge [emoji]128578[/emoji]