What Breed is My Cat

hipmamaof3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What about this kitten? I know it's a mixed stray, but I'm curious what kind of breed it coyld have mixed in there.

I have an akc registered pure yellow Lab, and I'd like to know (or guess) what could be lurking in my rescued straykittie's dna.

This is Darwin. Could she be siberian. Her face doesn't fit with other longhair breeds.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What about this kitten? I know it's a mixed stray, but I'm curious what kind of breed it coyld have mixed in there.

I have an akc registered pure yellow Lab, and I'd like to know (or guess) what could be lurking in my rescued straykittie's dna.

This is Darwin. Could she be siberian. Her face doesn't fit with other longhair breeds.

To guess from a young kitten is much more difficult than to guess from an adult, or at least, almost adult.

With purebreds its easier: you KNOW what they shall be when adult.  At least, you know what papers they have.

With moggies, you usually dont know before they are a bit older.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you have a couple of more pictures for me? Preferred one where she's standing from the side (full body picture), a picture from the front (so her head), and a profile picture (side of her face where we can see how her nose flows into her forehead). I can look for you whether she resembles a Siberian or not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hipmamaof3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can take some pics tomorrow. We pick her up from her rescue home tomorrow

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can take some pics tomorrow. We pick her up from her rescue home tomorrow
Oh, you must be so excited! Enjoy tomorrow, hopefully she'll settle and feel at home soon ^^ And take your time, if tomorrow doesn't work out with the pictures, just try again later. I'll still be here for many more weeks, so no need to rush :)

hipmamaof3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

hipmamaof3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I just read up and yes that describes her. Maybe a little too much white? Her chin and most of her stomack is white. Plus she has white mittens. But most of her markings are a fawn brown orange. Not a true tabby orange. Like you see in calico.
I read that they are considered good luck. I'll take it..

kkoerner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I just read up and yes that describes her. Maybe a little too much white? Her chin and most of her stomack is white. Plus she has white mittens. But most of her markings are a fawn brown orange. Not a true tabby orange. Like you see in calico.
I read that they are considered good luck. I'll take it..
She doesn't have enough white for "calico" but at the same time, a calico is just another term for a tortoiseshell and white with more white and bigger patches of color vs blended colors.

Hee "orange" is fawn colored (cream) because she has the dilute gene. It's also why her "black" is grey (blue) instead. :)

hipmamaof3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She doesn't have enough white for "calico" but at the same time, a calico is just another term for a tortoiseshell and white with more white and bigger patches of color vs blended colors.

Hee "orange" is fawn colored (cream) because she has the dilute gene. It's also why her "black" is grey (blue) instead. :)
She is a blue-cream (dilute) tortoiseshell and white.
What a doll!!
l

I've been reading and yep. She's a torbie.

czygyny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The orange will probably become more prominent as she ages, at least that is what I experienced with my dilute torbies. Your kitty is cute!