What breed is my cat?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The pet store told me he's Persian, but something tells me he's a mix breed or maybe not at all.
There is something persianish about him.

Either some sort of doll face persian, or half a persian, something.   He is longhair anyways, so if taking care and grooming of long fur is your fancy, you have got it!    :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What is the exact color of his eyes?   I notice the face and ears are somewhat colored, creme? perhaps even red?   Is the tail a little darker too, compared with the body?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purryfriendly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What is the exact color of his eyes?   I notice the face and ears are somewhat colored, creme? perhaps even red?   Is the tail a little darker too, compared with the body?

The pupils are black, and the area around the eyes are somewhat light yellowish.
His tail is the same color as the rest of his (Ringo's he's name by the way) body, cream and white.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purryfriendly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree. He has the doll face (traditional) Persian look to him and he is adorable. I'm guessing that the pet store didn't give you papers with him? Was he at a pet store like Petsmart through an adoption agency like the Humane Society or a local rescue? Without papers, he's a domestic longhaired. I have 2 of those myself and your little one does have similar facial features around the eyes and nose. My 2 were rescued from a backyard breeder of doll faced Persians who left a large group of cats behind when they moved probably due to foreclosure. Here's a picture of my Sophie. It's harder to see the similarity in the nose because she's so dark but she does have the more pronounced nose than the standard for Persians these days. The big round eyes are unmistakable though. 

Regardless of breed, your kitten is precious. 

Hi, thanks for the reply. I bought Ringo from our local pet store here called Jungle Zoofari. He didn't come with any papers, unfortunately (they don't really do that here in our area), but the people in the store told me he's Persian. I was just having doubts because the photos I see around the web don't really resemble him. Maybe he just doesn't have the common appearance for a Persian cat. But I agree, he somehow resemble Sophie.

Your cat is as precious, too. Thank you for all of your replies.[emoji]128522[/emoji]