What breed is my cat?

khaled

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Plz help me what coat, breed and is he a tabby but I know he is bicolor
Plz someone expert answer me iam lost he looks like a cap and saddle
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3036/2554662707_1b389fbc5a_o.png (NUMBER 6 ) white fur primary and black spots with bage tiny spots on the black spots

SEE THE LINK PLZZ AND SEE NUMBER 6

Last edited:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kkhaled, it is impossible to tell you anything definite without a picture, but the vast majority of cats are what we call domestic shorthair or domestic longhair, depending on the length of their coat. Unless you bought the cat from a recognised breeder and have pedigree papers for the cat, it is what we call a 'moggie' for short. As for colour, from the diagram, your cat is a black and white bi-colour, you do not need to add any more than that. 'Tabby' is a colour pattern of grey or brown or red with stripes, spots or swirls, not a breed in itself.

Welcome to TCS, try and post an actual picture of your cat and tell us about yourself.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

khaled

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How can I do it I save it in my iPhone 4

khaled

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I use iPhone 4 and don't know how to upload

khaled

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'll post my CATS PICTURE SOON FROM THE COMPUTER

khaled

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's white and HAS BLACK SPOTS ON HIM WHAT TYPE IS THAT?

PS :: THAT PICTURE WAS NOT MY CAT

khaled

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
THIS IS MY REAL CAT THE WHITE ONE SO NOW PLZ TELL ME WHAT BREED IS HE

PS HE IS OLDER NOW COMPARED TO THIS PICTURE

khaled

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
CatNamedPanda are u sure that this is his type because he was a neighbor cat/ street cat

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic = no breed

Purebred cats (cats that are certain breeds) come from breeders, with papers. They make up 2-3% of the cat population. Most cats are domestics or moggies, cats of no particular breed.

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic = no breed

Purebred cats (cats that are certain breeds) come from breeders, with papers. They make up 2-3% of the cat population. Most cats are domestics or moggies, cats of no particular breed.
I would add that the papers include their registration details - a pedigree without registration could be completely fake.  The pedigrees that came with my kittens have the registration for all the cats in them and if I had any doubts (I don't) I could check with the GCCF.

Last edited:

khaled

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is my cat nono, i want to ask u how old is he approximately , i predict 1.5 years old , he starts to venture away from home and he tries to sleep alot and his testicles are showing he is absolutley not a senior but an adult, so plz tell me how old is by seeing this picture THANK YOU. 

bluerexbear

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No one can tell from a picture how old your cat is.  I recommend taking him to a vet and having him fully evaluated.  The vet can tell more by looking at his teeth and his overall physical health.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If his testicles are just filling out and he is starting to spray he is likely to be between 5 and 8 months old, though it can vary. It is very difficult to tell from a picture, but I would guess he is certainly less than a year. How long have you had him? Do you know anything of his life and history before?

If he is starting to spray it means he is leaving his scent where other cats will smell him, and he will soon start looking for females to mate with and other males to fight, and may get hurt or lost. Do you intend to have him neutered? It would be kinder to him to do it now, while he is young, and before he starts to get into trouble or get bad habits. And it will keep him closer to home. He will never miss not being able to mate.

khaled

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thnx for help Jenney and for the history of my cat (NONO ) I found him a stray cat kinda like a neighbor cat , first when I saw him he was not a kitten like in the middle type with his brothers but his brothers were lost and I still have him and I thank god. Sorry I can't nueter him because of family issues never want to know . And how long i had him ..... I had him for 2.5 years from 2010 . ;)

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have had him for 2.5 years, then he is certainly adult and it does not matter exactly how old he is. That must be a very old picture. He is certainly mating now and fighting other males for the privilege of possessing the females, and is at risk of injury and disease. I understand that some cultures do not generally neuter their animals (I lived in Bosnia for 10 years where it was rare to neuter) but if there is any way you can find to do it he will be happier and will live longer. You obviously care for him and I wish you good luck with him.