What Breed is My Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Me I'm just going to say short haired white cat but I don't know much about cat breeds

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww, she looks so comfy. I think she knows she is at home...

Last edited:

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want a pure white cat with a black spot on it and a all black cat with a white spot on it so I can call them yen and yang

kesa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

The first picture is of my kitten called "Jobe". I found him and his 'moggie' sister in the African bush in a very bad condition at the age of 4 weeks (I think). He's much darker and fluffier at the moment, the picture was taken a few months ago. do you know what breed of cat he can be from?

The second guy is another boy I rescued from the same place a year before Jobe. His name is Xavi and I found him at 1 week in a better condition than Jobe (still very premature though). Which breed do you think he most resembles?

I did a little research myself and found that he looks a little like a seal point ragdoll? But he does not share the same temperament as the ragdoll.

Thanks!

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow really beautiful cats! I would like to find this bush where you can get blue eyed pointed cats haha. The first cat looks like a lynx point and the second looks like a seal point. Since they do not have papers they are not pure breds. They also look like a mix and probably have siamese ancestry.  Both parents must have carried the pointed gene. 

I don't really think either really look like ragdolls because of their angular head shape and think they look much more like siamese. Xavi looks a lot like this seal point siamese (http://www.permescats.com/Milo.aspx). Here is a lynx point siamese that looks like Jobe (http://www.permescats.com/Lynxie.aspx

kesa

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think someone must've had a siamese- looking cat who wasn't neutered and had mated with the group of feral cats around there. I do love them with all my heart. They are definitely my 'children'.

They do look like the cats on the pictures but they definitely have longer hair. Jobe's whole coat has changed to stripes all over, little bit more dull on the body than on the legs. But I noticed that Xavi's coat colour changed according to the seasons, which might be happening to Jobe.

Thanks so much!

jessaho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hello!! So I got my cat a few years ago... Her original owner passed away, so we decided to take her in because she's blind and we didn't want her to have to go to the pound... Her name's Izzy, and I don't anything about her besides the fact that she's blind!! I don't know how old she is, why she's blind, or what breed she is! If you could please help me, I would appreciate it (:

dalehouse94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

i rescued this cat about a month ago he was a well known stray he was getting skinner by the day so i took him in.

hes my first cat he's called leo, i have a few questions firstly he is very vocal all the time will he calm down ? how ever very loving towards us he purrs , pads and brushes up on me as well as sitting on my lap. does anyone know possibly know his breed ? he looks just like post man pats cat. also he is very inquisative still and excitable so any idea on age i know its hard to tell from a photo thanks :)

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seening him makes me cry. My cat Piper looked exactly like him he is a tuxedo cat and that is all I can really telll you I only had her for 2 days and she had a seizure and died I am so so sad about her but now I got 2 cats to take care of sorry I couldn't be much help That's the best pic I have of her

dalehouse94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ah its okaii sad to hear it he such a lovely cat just so vocal all the time and a little food thief too :)

goku son

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat adopted me it was quite cute, it started when i saw this cat around my house and he'd come for food and leave again but even as all my efforts to get this cat to a good weight it would never work he was getting skinny so i did what i should have done i got him to trust me i laid down on the ground he came and laid on me in the sun and got used to me i brought him i and got him cat food and gave it to him for about 3 weeks then as he got bigger in the belly my ex took  him to the vet he helped allot gave him his shots cleaned out his ears for a very reasonable price  i never ever thought that id get a cat in my life that snuggled and loved. i cant be happier he gets along with my German shepard so yay  here pictures of my little prince sorry about the mess on the floor we are currently renovating in the bathrrom and cleaning the house up from moving in so lol i apologize ^^

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY GABRIEL I LOVE YOU

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What a story Goko Son!  Where do you live?  Japan?

I mean, what is a "moggie" in Sweden could be a natural breed typical for your place...

As it is now, he resembles a little a Turkish Van.  Although s cats with similiar pattern as T.V. can be seen in other countries too.

Good luck!

Welcome to our Forums!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
i rescued this cat about a month ago he was a well known stray he was getting skinner by the day so i took him in.

hes my first cat he's called leo, i have a few questions firstly he is very vocal all the time will he calm down ? how ever very loving towards us he purrs , pads and brushes up on me as well as sitting on my lap. does anyone know possibly know his breed ? he looks just like post man pats cat. also he is very inquisative still and excitable so any idea on age i know its hard to tell from a photo thanks :)
Dalehouse94. His pattern is black and white, "bicolor", you can surely also say tuxedo.  "breed" is shorthaired domestic.

Is he neutered?  If no, I recommend you do it. His voice will be calmer and lower. He may still meow a lot, but the intensitity will be easier to manage! He will be as loving as now, perhaps even more, and even more playful enjoying life.

Good luck!

goku son

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm from Texas actually my mom was  from japan she met my dad he was a Houston rancher and we owned allot of animals. i moved to Canada after i got marred i just never had a cat before in my life my mom was obsessed with the name Sky when i was little I'm 37 years old and she loved the sky so much, in japan Goku translates to sky so   Goku is my middle name but enough about me
anyway yes he found me and he never wanted to let me go he never goes outside anymore nor will he even cry for it i show him outside he looks out and walks away into the other side of the house hes a very cuddly cat and quite fluffy hes obsessed with my bed but i don't mind at all hes scared of other men but me and he only meows tiny little meows my wife thinks hes just a ordianry long hair but im skeptical my wife is a dog breeder so anything that she dosnt breed or anything that ist a full breed is trash but im skeptical that hes just a ordinary long hair

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sarah Lou!  You didnt got answer yet?  Yours is a nice Van pattern, after Turkish Van cats.

If somebody proved he IS a Turkish Van, not just a look alike, I wouldnt be too surprised.   :)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.