What breed is my cat, and how large do you believe she will grow to be?

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's tabby & white - or possibly white & tabby since there looks to be a lot more white than tabby. 
   But that's her colour, she's a cat of no particular breed, a domestic shorthair.

She will be about 80-90% full-grown at 9 months.

Hope she is already neutered.

Last edited:

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tabby is a pattern, not a breed. As OS said she's tabby and white, just a domestic - no breed.

Anyone's guess how big she'll get, apparently the average weight for domestics is 8-12lbs. 

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
How big is she now? Cats vary quite a bit, but they tend to reach their full growth between one and two years of age. I wouldn't expect her to be growing as quickly as she did the first few months, but she'll probably get at least a little bigger than she is now. She may have reached her adult length but could still fill out some more.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that is the Van pattern. It's a type of bicolor. From what I know, it's basically a brown tabby cat, plus genes that create white spotting. "Domestic shorthair" is what you call a cat without a breed.

Winter is a very cute kitty! Since she is female, she'll be smaller as an adult than a male would be. She looks very nearly full-grown to me. Cats which are still growing have a sort of "skinny" look to them that tells you they are still juveniles; it fades into a more sturdy, strong look as they grow into adults. (I don't mean skinny in terms of underweight or malnourished; more like skinny as in slender--think of the difference between a teenager in the middle of a growth spurt, and a full grown adult. Like that.)