what breed is my baby?

sullivanj08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had him for almost five years now, found him on the side of the road as a young kitten! I've always been told he was an American Bobtail.. But the further I look into it the more doubt I have. Although, he could have part American bobtail features.. What else does he look like? Any info is much appreciated.. He's my world!

evolily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All i can tell for certain from the pictures is that he's a grey spotted tabby. If he's a rescue it's very unlikley that he is an american bobtail. Most likely he is just a domestic shorthair (basically a mutt).

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
He's lovely.  
   I agree with evolilly on the spotted tabby, he has nicely defined spots on his flanks, and a lovely shiny short hair coat to show them off to best advantage.  I love the black stripe hackles down his back too!   The tail looks to be quite long from the photos so I doubt bobtail -  more fit looking spotted, short hair, tabby to be played with, pampered and enjoyed.  He has fabulous big paws too.  
  I'd love to see a photograph of this tiger awake and in action butn maybe he moves too fast when he's up?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah, you have a rarity,  domestic spotted tabbies althogh not unique, arent that common either.   

More good pics are always welcome!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
ROFL, I can see your baby-cat has a lovely habit there in your last photo!   Hope he never falls in....   I have to keep the lid down at all times in my apartment.   

Those spots really are nicely defined, and love how they follow round on to his chest.   So clear over his back haunches too - even when he's curled up!  
    He is gorgeous, can we have his name? 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yeah, nice and beautiful spotted tabby, domestic.  Not  bobtail, nor a misunderstood bengal.  A perfectly good, " whole wool" domestic, here in the rare variation of a very nicely spotted tabby.

A honor for every decent home.    :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sullivanj08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all! His name is Tigger. He goes by "Tiggy", and yea he is the man of the house. Another thing tho, here recently he has been more affectionate as usual.. Seems like since I've been bringing my boyfriend around it makes him a little,jealous. This is normal tho, right?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all! His name is Tigger. He goes by "Tiggy", and yea he is the man of the house. Another thing tho, here recently he has been more affectionate as usual.. Seems like since I've been bringing my boyfriend around it makes him a little,jealous. This is normal tho, right?
   I don't know if it's normal for him to get more cuddly because he's jealous but I've found my cats have got more cuddly as they have got older and more content to snooze in what ever warm comfy spot they can find.  Tiggy could be staking out his territory though.  Better being more cuddly than deciding to pee on BFs clothes or similar which I have read about from others (don't let Tigger see this info' though in case he gets any ideas).  As long as he still feels super pampered by you and BF is careful to show he is a willing servant too I am sure all will be good.