What Breed is Mikey?

mikeykitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know the answer is likely that he is just a domestic. I get it :) I promise! I know no one can say for sure. I am pretty sure he isn't secretly an African Lion or anything :)

He just has super cool markings and is unlike any cat I have ever had. He was found as a stray when he was 5 weeks old. Today, he is just over 6 months. He is awesome. I got him the same day my other beloved cat died from kidney disease. RIP Cosmo! RIP Kramer (Cosmo's brother who died 2 years earlier).

My place just felt so empty. So I adopted my Mikey. I would love to hear people's opinions after checking out some pics, even if your opinion is that he is a really cool moggie.

Isn't he awesome?

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! He is indeed a beautiful example of a domestic short hair (or American short hair) Tabby with the Mackerel pattern. I love tabbies! They look like mini wild cats

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
He's very smart! And looks like he's got a real shiny coat too. 
  Is it lke broken mackerel tabby?  He's lovely, it's almost so broken it's spotted on his sides and not just his belly.  Loving those bat ears too!  All the better for hunting with....

cynbarrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hes Got Giant Ears! they add so much character to his face :) He has similar markings to my Tabby, She is a Broken Mackerel, but shes got cute little white socks and a spot on her nose :)
The broken spots kinda make them look like a Bengal Cat or a Mau, they look very wild.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikeykitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, everyone! He has such a wild look and his spots are very noticeable! He loves hanging out in the fridge. Don't ask me why. I have no idea, and I do not encourage it at all. He has odd habits!

MServant, yes I think it is broken Mackerel. It is pretty shiny. The bigger he gets, the more noticeable the spots. He is soo sensitive to noise. I guess I would be too if I had those ears!

Cynbarrie, I LOVE the socks!!!! He is such a cutie!! Love the eyes!!

Mikey chilling out in the fridge.

cynbarrie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Her name is Monkey :) lol 
She has the the most stunning eyes, they are so big and green! 
I am in love with big your boy's ears are though, especially in that pic where he is laying on his back. haha they make him so cute!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
That fridge thing is really funny! 
   You must have to be really careful and check every time you go in there to check he hasn't snuck in..,

@Cynbrrie, Monkey is a very cute name for a cute cat :-)

lbailey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is great!... my cat would not quite get in the fridge, but knew her food was in there, and would start to climb the shelves sniffing for her foods!

cupcak3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikeykitteh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The bigger he gets, the less of a problem the fridge is becoming. When I got Mikey back on June 28th, he weighted 2.8 pounds. Now he is 9.4 pounds. He is having problems getting on that bottom shelf now! He BEGS to be let in there!

CupCak3-Those were my thoughts exactly. He looks like he is mixed with Egyptian Mau. I know we cannot be certain and that Maus are rare, but gosh he has some very very similar characteristics. He looks JUST like those photos you uploaded!