What breed does the sweet little guy look like?

kittenzombie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We got this little guy from a shelter when he was 3 months and a couple weeks, he's 7 months now.

Except for his face, ears, tail and one spot on one of his back legs he's all white. His eyes are a very light blue and his tail looks almost tabby striped. His fur is soft and medium length. One foot had all dark pads but the other 3 have dark with one or two pink pads. His head is rounded and he's starting to grow into it but when we first got him it was very pronounced!

Personality wise he's very sweet and very mellow especially for a 7 month old kitten! He loves his belly and chest rubbed and if you start petting his head and back it won't be long before he rolls over so you can get his tummy!

When he's picked up he likes to be held on his back cradled like a baby and of course loves more belly rubs like that. He plays gently with us and doesn't use his claws or bites hard. He really wants to snuggle with our other cat but she isn't having any. He's not very vocal, a meow every now and then to our other cat and sometimes us but that's about it.

Any help figuring out what this guy has in him would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He HAS bluish eyes, not greenish alike on the pic?  Than its easy.  He is a point with lotsa of white, ie a mitted point..

Looking on the pics  I got struck,he has a quite point looks about him, but what to do with green eyes??

But the text helped me.   He is a point, no doubt any longer.

Your description of him and his personality lead me to think, he has ragdolls among his near ancestors.  Perhaps a ragdoll mated with a moggie carrying the point gen.

The pattern, mitted point, is quite common in ragdolls.   And some of ragdolls dont have the very striking blue otherwise connected with the point gene... Some are even greenish...

Great pity your other resident dont like snuggles if friendly cat company...

Anyways, both he and your family are winners here...    

ps.  What about the pattern as such?  He seems to have tabby markings, so he will be called for a mitted lynx point.

His tail is red, but all other spots are creme (I think), ie diluted red.

If so, he is a creme mitted lynx point...

His one parent was probably a ragdoll, guessing on this mitted ragdoll.  The other significant was thus a  shorthaired tabby, probably also carrier of the diluting gene...

Somtething like that...

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenzombie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the reply StefanZ! I promptly had to go grab him off the cat tree he was dozing on to look into his eyes.
They are a bit funny, in some lighting they look a very light blue, like a powder blue but in others they look a little greenish. I think they may be a powder blue with a darker turquoise rim around the outside. The camera always picks them up as more greenish and darker then they look in person.
As for pattern the only one he has is the rings on his tail, they look much like our tabby girl. His tail is unlike the rest of him even in fur texture.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you for the reply StefanZ! I promptly had to go grab him off the cat tree he was dozing on to look into his eyes.
They are a bit funny, in some lighting they look a very light blue, like a powder blue but in others they look a little greenish. I think they may be a powder blue with a darker turquoise rim around the outside. The camera always picks them up as more greenish and darker then they look in person.
As for pattern the only one he has is the rings on his tail, they look much like our tabby girl. His tail is unlike the rest of him even in fur texture.
When I closely at his face, I see a hint of the revealing M on his forebrow.   But he has some white in there too, so this M is partly obscured.

So, its both the striped tail AND that hint of M which tells me he s really a  tabby too - ie lynx point, mitted.   I think.   :)

kittenzombie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, its both the striped tail AND that hint of M which tells me he s really a  tabby too - ie lynx point, mitted.   I think.   :)
You know I never really noticed it but his face markings do look tabby like, plus they are the same dark grey as his tail. Seems his tabby bits are dark gray and his lynx point is more cream colored.

I wish I could ask the people who must own his mom about his parentage but since they were spotted dumping him and I assume his siblings in a field they probably wouldn't care to tell me.

Either way I think he's a neat little mix and such a sweet guy!

wednsday

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,I had a kitten that resembles yours. He was tabby and chocolate point siamese...his "talking" definately screamed "Ive got a big siamese cat hidden in here..."! Best of luck on your search! Wednsday =^. .^=

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if it will be easier to get a sense of him when his markings have darkened a little more: he's still pretty light and I don't know a lot about point cats but he looks a little like a blend of our snowshoe mix and lynx mix!  The big thing is that he looks like a very sweet cat.

firsttimekitty1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my jenny lookes just like ur baby  except where he is beige jenny is grey!!!! if u find out his breed please let me no!!!! thanks

kittenzombie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was tabby and chocolate point siamese...his "talking" definately screamed "Ive got a big siamese cat hidden in here..."! Best of luck on your search! Wednsday =^. .^=
When we first brought him home he was very chatty so I thought he must have siamese but I think he was calling for his family, poor little guy. He's not very chatty at all now.

I wonder if it will be easier to get a sense of him when his markings have darkened a little more: he's still pretty light and I don't know a lot about point cats but he looks a little like a blend of our snowshoe mix and lynx mix!  The big thing is that he looks like a very sweet cat. :)
He still is still pretty light and I've noticed he's getting much more fluffy around his neck as he gets older. But yes, he is a sweetheart!

Looking at pictures and ragdolls and ragamuffins they have a similar look and personality. Makes me think he might have some of that in him.

wednsday

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I LOVE RAGDOLLS!!! Then again,Ive a fondness for every breed and what they bring.......and my adult children are jealous lol!

wednsday

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If they could purr,maybe the sibling rivalry wouldnt have such a "tip" to it.... ;-) haha! Wednsday on Tuesday

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we first brought him home he was very chatty so I thought he must have siamese but I think he was calling for his family, poor little guy. He's not very chatty at all now.

Our Siamese mixes weren't chatty at all when we first brought them home: they were about ten months old then but now that they're older (almost two and a half) they've gotten considerably mouthier.

You'll have to post pictures of this little guy when he gets bigger and his markings are more pronounced!

duncansmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've got a non-siamese that out-shouts the other two kitties (including a siamese) by a mile. LOL! He's a talkative little buster.