What breed does Apollo look like?

apolloandluna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We are wondering what breed our new dat Apollo might be. He is very talkative and makes the funniest sounds. He is getting HUGE, almost twice as big as a kitten from a different litter adopted on the same day.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oy, oy wow....   At first I was beginning to write - he is a point, this is not very apparent because of his being a tabby too ("lynx point"), his masque isnt clearly visible, because the tabby face IS the masque.  The eyes arnet very blue, but its a point, no doubt.   Later on when I saw his side I saw that oval - so he is a marbled tabby.   And later on I saw his verry distinctive backside.  Not only lotsa of marbles, but marbles of the type bengals do have...  So very apparently he has a very near bengal ancester, the father perhaps.    Although its not that probable he is purebred.

Pointed bengals are often called for snow bengal.   I cant swear you DO have a snow bengal for real, but you have got as near as its possible, without having the real thing with papers and everything.

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He looks to be a Lynx point with body patterning. He is gorgeous. I have a Tortie Lynx point with body coloring. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly with a more accurate answer but that's my best guess since I have a couple that are similar. I will attach a pic of my girl.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Looking directly on the later pics, there is no doubt of his affinity to bengals.  He may even be purebred, but without papers you can never really prove anything.

The only shade of doubt, these snow bengals I saw were spotted, Im not sure if snow ie pointed bengals, are supposed to be marbled tabbies...  I would check this.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Technically he will be a  marbled lynx point.     Im not sure on the point color.  Its dark but apparently not black.  Mink perhaps??

axelsangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nice girl.   I see both yours are points?   Righty is a point too, although prob not lynx.
Yes both my girls are Tortie Lynx points I believe they are blue color point but not 100% on that. My dilute tortie female Kahleesi had 6 kittens and 4 turned out to be color points an I kept these 2 beauties. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes both my girls are Tortie Lynx points I believe they are blue color point but not 100% on that. My dilute tortie female Kahleesi had 6 kittens and 4 turned out to be color points an I kept these 2 beauties. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Pappa must have been a point, and momma is a carrier of the point gene.    That is the trick to get such results.  :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

apolloandluna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your input! He is so different than any cat I have encountered in the past. We love him!

zoop

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He definitely has some Bengal in him (pattern, noise, and talkativeness). Get ready for the Bengal energy and take him on walks in the future if he asks for it.

apolloandluna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have been putting a harnesd on him and walking in the backyard. It is going ok, not great. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

sebnari96

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
To me, Apollo looks like a Siamese Bengal mix. He is a handsome boy! He is going to be stunning when he is full grown.

apolloandluna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jenna, why do you say that? Can you tell me more?