What Breed Do You Think This Cat Is?

Tilly206

Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello

I posted a thread about my kitten a bit back but it didnt get many replies! Since ive had her, I feel like she may be a mix (based on the way she looks and her behaviour/intelligent traits).

This is her Mum, I am interested to know if you think she is a certain breed/a mix and this could explain my thoughts re my kitten.

Here she is:
E07BABAB-6006-4239-A3F4-16F3581F3151.png
Thanks!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat in this picture appears to be a domestic shorthair; her color is brown tabby or possibly brown torbie (not quite clear in the picture).

A very small percentage of cats belong to specific breeds; the majority of cats do not have specific breed ancestry. We use the terms "domestic shorthair" and "domestic longhair" to refer to cats without known specific breed ancestry. For most cats, it is not really correct to think of them as "mixes," because they are not actually mixtures of specific breeds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tilly206

Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your opinion. She was described as a Torbie by the shelter staff. I just think she has beautiful features- as does my kitten and has certain traits that made me curious.

Im not looking to claim her as a certain breed, just out of curiosity! :)

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domestic shorthairs can absolutely have beautiful and special features! There is a great deal of diversity in the domestic cat population.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tilly206

Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
3CACB1E7-07B4-4ADA-BAF8-EB3DD8C84AA7.jpeg Oh of course they can. I just want to hear a couple of opinions from the cat appearance experts! I have had 3 beautiful dsh’s, but it is more my kittens behaviour that got me wondering.