What breed do my cats resemble?

vermon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I'm posting here first. I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me what breed my cats resemble. I got both of them from a shelter 2 and 1/2 years ago. They came in together (as siblings) and I adopted them.

They are both males and their names are Rhaegar and Gatsby. I was told they were brothers and about 6 months old at the time of adoption. However, I believe that Rhaegar is older due to his teeth condition (more yellowed and 2 broken) and his more relaxed demeanor.

Both my guys are very social and extremely vocal. They love to meow and chatter. They also love to follow me around. They are both playful but Gatsby is much more active.Rhaegar is about 14-15 pounds and Gatsby is about 11-12 pounds. They have long bodies and lots of fur even on the pads of their feet. Gatsby gets a huge mane around the Christmas season so it's not fully grown in yet.

I've included a few photos of them.to see if anyone can help me. Rhaegar is the bigger darker one and Gatsby is smaller and lighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

vermon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I forgot to add. I don't believe my cats are breed cats by any means. I do believe they are mixed breeds so I was just wondering which breeds they are most similar to.

Both my boys love people and they like to play fetch. They also love affective and usually never turn it down.

wet fip mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They definitely look like Maine Coones to me. [emoji]128516[/emoji] My maine Coones is extremely vocal & social. He does this jump up (leaving his back paws on the floor) and rubbs & purrs.

vermon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like Gatsby when I'm getting their breakfast ready. Both are very chatty with me but he's always rubbing into my legs and coming off his front paws to do it. I uploaded those photos from my phone but I can share more once I'm able to get at my laptop. Rhaegar likes to lie down on his belly and stick his legs out behind him in what I call it his seal pose. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would like to compare them to Sibirians.  But as you live in USA (?) so Maine Coon relations are more probable....

They give almost an impression of being points. And thus, Neva Masquerade...  But with eyes clearly not blue, they arent no points.   Be it Sibiran look alikes, then.  Very nice and reliable chaps, the sibirians are.   :)

vermon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I live in Canada in the small island province of Newfoundland. It was interesting to hear them compared to some other breeds aside from Maine Coon.