What breed do my cats most resemble?

Nblalien7235

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Tyrion (long hair) and Walt (short hair). Tyrion is very affectionate and wants to be on top of you 24/7 where as Walt will accept a few pets and then wants you far away from him. Both of them were gotten as kittens but Tyrion was found in an abandoned garage nextdoor with all of his siblings and mother. Walt was given as a kitten from a friend. I should also mention that Walt has incredibly blue eyes and Tyrion’s are more of a baby sky blue.

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are a very handsome pair! How long have you had them?

I would describe Tyrion as a seal point domestic longhair, and Walt as a seal point domestic shorthair. Pointed cats normally have blue eyes, but the depth of color can vary between dark and light blue, as you see in your cats.

Most cats are not any specific breed. The recessive colorpoint gene originally came from the Siamese breed about 70 years ago. At this time, the colorpoint gene is very widespread in the domestic cat gene pool, and most pointed cats do not have recent Siamese breed ancestry. Because colorpoint is a recessive gene, your cats' parents would not necessarily have been pointed themselves; they could also have been some other color such as black, blue (gray), tabby, etc. Do you know what color Tyrion's mother and siblings were? Since you got Walt from a friend, you might be able to find out a little more about his parents, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nblalien7235

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What’s crazy about Tyrion, is that when we found the mama and the kittens, they were all almost identical. I was mainly wondering because they both have such distinct facial structures that I’ve never seen before and VERY different personalities. Thank you for replying!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What’s crazy about Tyrion, is that when we found the mama and the kittens, they were all almost identical. I was mainly wondering because they both have such distinct facial structures that I’ve never seen before and VERY different personalities. Thank you for replying!
If momma and all kittens were almost identical, ie longhaired seal points, it gives some probablilty they are purebred of sorts. But momma got lost after becoming preg. Such happens occasionally.

Do you know what happed with momma and siblings? Had momma got checked up for a chip?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nblalien7235

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m not sure if she was ever checked for a chip. After they were found, we had all of the kittens and mama at our house to allow them to nurse in the warmth then all of them got homes and we kept Tyrion. It’s been about 6 years since that so I couldn’t tell you what all we did unfortunately 💔