what breed are your cats?

ekseabolt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both of her parents are short hair exotics but instead of short hair she got the long hair due to the recessive gene for long hair. You can google exotic long hair and there is such a thing. She is such a sweetheart though.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My four are all DSH's - Katie's solid black, Gracie's a tuxedo, Peter's gray/white and Claire's solid white.

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Laura is probably a domestic shorthair, black from head to toe...well, ok she's got one or two white hairs behind her ears and on her flanks, but otherwise, black as can be!

Carter at first looked like a regular dsh, gray tabby with a tux-style white chest(he looks like a fatter version of those whiskas cats
), but the vet's assistant thought that with his broad jaws there might be some british shorthair in him as well and his fur is rather thick, also in summer, so I put other

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beach Bum

Two Turkish Vans and one Domestic Shorthair (calico) grace our home with their presence.
Ooooh Molly is just stunning! What's her bloodline? is she bred? also is that a "flaw" on her left shoulder (I know some color is allowed all over but wasn't sure if she has an extra spot there) her tail is to die for! As always Sam looks fabulous (and angry!!)

For my part, We have one Turkish Van, and 2 DSH (Molly is silver tabby, mixed breed, Paige is torti with no kind of pedigree.)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixel's a tuxedo, Cable's a mackeral tabby & Java's a calico. they are all moggies, DSH [domestic short hair] cats. Mouse was also a moggy, a beautiful blue girl!

beach bum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by turtlecat

Ooooh Molly is just stunning! What's her bloodline? is she bred? also is that a "flaw" on her left shoulder (I know some color is allowed all over but wasn't sure if she has an extra spot there) her tail is to die for! As always Sam looks fabulous (and angry!!)

For my part, We have one Turkish Van, and 2 DSH (Molly is silver tabby, mixed breed, Paige is torti with no kind of pedigree.)
Long time, no chat.
We are long overdue for a good one. We kinda' got messed up by Rita, but we and our "Evacucats" are all home now enjoying the beautiful weather.

Do you have any new photos of Ghibli you can share with us? Only fair!

Molly is indeed a character. Her full name is GC ALEDO GALADRIEL OF CARAVANSERAI, "Molly" as her house-name. Ann thinks "Molly" fits her better than her fancy "show-off-purebred" name. Of course being a "Swimming Cat" now in the Brown family we think that "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" is really a much better match.

(I typed "The Unspeakable Molly Brown" just then, in error. Obviously a Freudian slip.)

You will have noticed that Molly's registered name, Galadriel, comes from The Lord of the Rings, as does our Hobbit Sam's handle. This betrays that they have the same Dad, GC WISHNWHISKER LORD-OF-THE-RINGS, DM. Molly's mom is GC CARAVANSERAI TALICO-OF-BORG, DM.

Molly does have a bit more color than her step-brother, Samwise, on her shoulder, face, and a charming "Mark of Allah" on her derriere. Of course the Turkish Van breed standard approves up to 20% of color contrasting the white, and she is well within that.

Here, for your delectation and amusement, are five photos of Molly:
One ,
Two,
Three,
Four, and,
Five.

Obviously Molly was not the fabulous show cat that Sam, or GC, GP CARAVANSERAI SAMWISE, was, but hating every second in the ring she finally granded and we were able to bring her to her new home on the beach, just in time to evacuate because of Rita just two days later. She did real well in her travels, and we are so proud of her, Samwise and Miss Kitty.

BTW, I don't know whether we showed you Sam's new fancy photos. If not, here they are:

One,
Two,
Three,
Four,
and Five.

And just for fun, here is "Busted," Sam and Molly caught in the act of upsetting their toy box. A few moments later their toys were spread all around the house.

My apologies to our other gentle readers for my lengthy post, but we had a lot of nostalgia to relive, and only a Turkish Van lover can understand that there is no limit to the tales to be told.

Now let us see Ghibli's latest.

All the very best, from Jim, Ann, Samwise, Molly and Miss Kitty, on a Texas beach

(Sorry, Miss Kitty. Here you are.)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miyas_mom

I have no idea what my cat is. All I know is that she is a Calico.
she's probably a moggy, like Java - is her hair short, long or medium? for short, put calico DSH - long, calico DLH, medium calico DMH! is there a pic of her somewhere?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ekseabolt

Both of her parents are short hair exotics but instead of short hair she got the long hair due to the recessive gene for long hair. You can google exotic long hair and there is such a thing. She is such a sweetheart though.
There is no such breed as an Exotic Longhair though. It is just a term for a Persian coming from two Exotic Shorthairs. I breed Persians and Exotics so trust me on this one.

In some states in Australia they don't allow Persians from exotic matings to be shown.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All ours are DSH - four tuxedos and one brown tabby with a white chest and white paws.